Government communicators are behind many of the news stories you have read, heard or talked about today. The Government Communication Service (GCS) is the professional body for UK Civil Service communications professionals. Communication teams are based across government departments and agencies.
The Government Communication Service invites application from meritorious candidates for an internship opportunity lasting 6 to 12 weeks.
Lasting 6-12 weeks, the Government Communication Service (GCS) internship is aimed at students from diverse backgrounds at the university level or completing a degree equivalent qualification. You will contribute to exciting new ideas and real issues that affect real people. You could find yourself:
- Conducting research and analyzing audience insight;
- Assisting with the creation and implementation of campaigns;
- Creating innovative content for social media;
- Working in a busy media office and with senior officials;
- Organizing events across the UK;
- Providing project support; or
- Working on a major staff engagement program.
East Midlands, Eastern, London, North East, North West, Scotland, South East, South West, Wales, West Midlands, Yorkshire, and the Humber.
We are looking for capable and motivated students in their penultimate or final year of university, and 2019 graduates, who are interested in a career in communications and passionate about working on important issues.
To apply, candidates must:
- Be in their final two years at university or a 2019 graduate – in a communications-related subject (awarded or expected) or
- Be working towards a degree equivalent qualification (NVQ level 6)
The application stage will consist of the following stages –
- Short application form stage (basic details)
- Online Civil Service Judgement Test
- Full application form stage
- You will be required to complete an upload a Diversity Monitoring Form to your application before submission of your full application.
The weekly stipend will be 350 British Pounds or Rs. 1.2L.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is December 20, 2019.
Email ID: GCSProfession.firstname.lastname@example.org