Applications are invited for Internship Opportunity (Geospatial Data Science Intern) at UNDP, New Delhi for the year 2022. The last date of application is 7 March.
UNDP operates in 177 countries, where it works with local governments to meet development challenges and develop local capacity. It works internationally to help countries achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). UNDP was one of the main UN agencies involved in the development of the Post-2015 Development Agenda.
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- The candidate should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Data Science, Geography, Environmental Studies, Statistics or related discipline.
- Or Candidates in the final year and about to complete Master’s degree or pursuing PhD in the above academic disciplines can also apply.
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) or/and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one- year of graduation.
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
- Candidates with Data Science, Machine Learning, Geographic Information Systems, Geospatial Intelligence background are preferred.
- Strong Data Analysis and Visualization abilities
- Prior experience working with GIS data
- Basic understanding of development and deployment of online data products
- Languages: Knowledge of Python for Spatial Analytics is essential.
- Experience in writing blogs, features, articles would be an asset.
- Good team player and ability to adapt to change in work environment
The intern will work under the overall guidance of the UNDP Accelerator Lab team to carry out the following tasks:
- Identify geospatial datasets available in the public domain to be integrated into the geospatial platforms that meets the quality criteria in terms of spatial and temporal availability, and are relevant to climate resilient agriculture
- Develop robust data preprocessing and engineering pipeline to integrate identified datasets into DiCRA platform
- Assist in visualising results and developing Data Stories (on the processed data) to be published on UNDP’s platforms and Medium
- Coordinate with key stakeholders to develop Digital platforms as and when required.
- CV in English;
Please group the above two documents into one (1) single PDF document and upload document.
Candidates who are selected must submit the following documents, upon selection:
- Official letter from the University confirming enrollment in their undergraduate or graduate-level degree programme;
- Proof of medical and life/accident insurance valid for the location in which the internship will be carried out. Selected intern must have medical and life insurance.
The monthly internship stipend (full time) is INR 12,404/- per month.
07-Mar-22 (Midnight New York, USA)
Click here to view the official notification of Internship Opportunity (Geospatial Data Science Intern) at UNDP.
You may also be interested in: