UNDP, New Delhi invites applications for Internship- Gender Mainstreaming (NRM & Biodiversity) for the year 2021. The last date of application submission is 31 May 2021.
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher) on relevant subject such as Gender Studies.
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent) on relevant subject such as gender studies.
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above);
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
- Excellent understanding about gender development & mainstreaming & have understanding to analyse gender concerns in natural resources and food security issues such as climate change.
- Good understanding on issues such as national and international policy analysis, gender in health, domestic violence etc.
- Experience of working with/ volunteering with research institutes/ civil society organisations on gender research projects/ implementing or evaluating gender projects would be preferred.
- Ability to produce quality document with quick turnaround time.
- Experience in writing blogs, features, articles & documenting gender specific case studies would be an asset.
- Good team player and ability to adapt to change in work environment.
Under the guidance of Livelihoods & Gender Specialist, NRM & Biodiversity, UNDP India the intern will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Support in preparation of gender action plans that includes gender mainstreaming strategies, stakeholder analysis, gendered monitoring and evaluation plans for the NRM projects specifically in the India High Range Mountain Landscape Project.
- Contributing to capacity development of other team members on gender mainstreaming & social inclusion.
- Supporting state project teams in developing gendered monitoring and evaluation plans for specific livelihood & conservation activities.
- Contribute and guide state project teams in mainstreaming gender concerns in the NRM projects by helping them preparing and implementing state/ project specific gender action plans.
- Providing inputs on different project documents that include periodic project reports, monitoring & evaluation reports- baseline, midterm and end-term evaluation reports; different project specific studies for incorporating gender concerns.
- Supporting other project team members such as communications in developing and documenting women centric case studies & developing gender sensitive communication document.
- Any other task as advised by the team.
- Application deadline: 31 May 2021.
- Starting Date: 7 June 2021.
- Duration: 6 Months
Interested and eligible candidates can apply online via this page.
Please contact erecruit.helpdesk[at]undp.org.
For official notification, click below.
You may also be interested in:
- Internship Opportunity (Computer Science or Business) at BCG, New Delhi: Apply Now
- Internship Opportunity (Economic Affairs) at UN-ESCAP [New Delhi/Remote; 2-6 Months]: Apply by Sep 30
- Internship Opportunity (CA Intern/ Industrial Trainee) at HSBC Mumbai: Apply by Jun 8