Food Safety & Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is an independent statutory body established under the Food Safety & Standards Act, 2006 under the aegis of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. It is the apex body responsible for ensuring food safety and compliance with food standards throughout the nation.
FSSAI invites application for the month of January 2020 for its Internship Scheme 2019-20, which will supply Interns with different learning opportunities via a well-designed training calendar.
Students pursuing a Complete time postgraduate degree/ diploma or higher level in the Recognized Institute in India/ overseas, in any of the following:
- Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Food Technology, Microbiology, Veterinary Sciences, Agricultural Sciences or some other related field
- Business Administration & Management including Policy Regulation & related disciplines
- Media & Communications
Students in 3rd / 4thyear of the 4-year Bachelor’s program in Food Technology or related disciplines also can apply.
The internship will be accessible throughout the year at various points of time. Internships offered will be for the length of 8 weeks, which might be extended to a maximum period of 6 months for reasons to be recorded in writing.
Place of Internship
- FDA Bhawan, Kotla Road New Delhi- 110002. (HQ)
- FSSAI (NR), First Floor, NBCC Place, Bhisham Pitamah Marg, Pragati Vihar, New Delhi-110003.
- FSSAI, Hall Mark company plaza, Sant Dyaneshwar Marg Oppst. Gurunanak Hospital road, Bandra (East), Mumbai- 400051.
- FSSAI, Central Documentation Complex, (South Wing), Che1mai Port Trust, Rajaji Salai, Chennai 600001
- FSSAI, Benfish Tower, 6th floor,31 G N Block, SSectorV, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 91.
Working Space for FSSAI Internship
Interns would be asked to get their own laptops. FSSAI shall supply their functioning area, net facility and other essentials but Shall not ensure local accommodation and travel facilities. FSSAI won’t bear the costs of any Boarding & Lodging.
Areas/Domains Available for Internship
The area mentioned in the application will be indicative of the preference rather than a confirmation of protect allocation at the particular department.
HQ New Delhi
- Regulatory Compliance
- Quality Assurance
- Risk Assessment & R&D
- SNF Projects
- Food Fortification
Regional Offices (NR Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai & Kolkata)
Hands-on training in Food Imports Clearance and Licensing and Registration of Food Business Only.
How to Apply?
- Interested and eligible students can apply online through this link. Applicants, who have applied for an internship for previous months, need to apply afresh.
- The shortlisted candidates may be required to submit a short write up/presentation for final selection.
- The final list of selected candidates along with their date of joining and Internship tenure would be declared online on FSSAI website.
- Start date of receiving application: Dec 6, 2019
- Last date for submitting online application: Dec 15, 2019
- Announcement of Shortlisted Candidates: Dec 26, 2019 (For the candidates who had to apply for an internship starting from Jan 2, 2020)
- Date of Joining: Jan 2, 2020