General Electric, Chennai invites applications Internship opportunity (Engineering) for the year 2020.
Intern will work in the field of Power Electronics and Drives design/study and System engineering under the mentorship of a technical expert in this field. The individual will work on a function depending on their prior coursework and degree.
- Work with System Engineer in assigned project in the field of Power Electronics & Drives Design/ Study/ Simulations
- Work with ITO team in preparing technical proposals to be submitted to the customer.
- Develop and execute subsystem validation test plans in the assigned domain through a literature survey
- Work closely with mentors to provide technical clarification in current project, equipment under test or in-service platforms
- Provide documentation support in the assigned project
- Apply training towards developing new concepts/proposal formulations, analysis/modelling, and development of advanced solutions for distribution networks automation.
- Provide technical support and assistance to overall project team as appropriate including commissioning and service
- Be self-motivated, creative and a team player, with the ability to come up with unique solutions to complex problems.
About the Company
GE’s Power Conversion business applies the science and systems of power conversion to help drive the electric transformation of the world’s energy infrastructure. Designing and delivering advanced motor, drive and control technologies that evolve today’s industrial processes for a cleaner, more productive future, it serves specialized sectors such as energy, marine, industry and all related services.