United Nations Capital Development Fund, Delhi invites applications for Digital Finance Internships for the year 2020. United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) The UN Capital Development Fund makes public and private finance work for the poor in the world’s 47 least developed countries (LDCs).
The original UNCDF mandate from the UN General Assembly (UNGA) is to “assist developing countries in the development of their economies by supplementing existing sources of capital assistance by means of grants and loans” Established by the General Assembly in 1966 and with headquarters in New York City, UNCDF is an autonomous UN organization affiliated with UNDP.
Education: Applicants to the internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent) in the field of Finance/Economics/Business Administration/Development studies and similar discipline from reputed Institution desired.
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Demonstrated interest in topics related to socioeconomic development;
- Excellent organizational, inter-personal, communication and administrative skills;
- Able to take initiative and work independently;
- Proven ability to manage diverse and complex tasks;
- Excellent computer capabilities (Word, Excel, Power Point, Data programmes).
Under the supervision of the UNCDF Technical Specialist(s) – Digital Finance and Innovation, the key results expected from Digital Finance interns are:
- Support in researching and developing summaries on key issues like food security and climate change, gig economy workers, health, digital stack, education, jobs and skills, other related topics under SDGs and where Digital and Finance could play a key role;
- Develop brief summaries as well as help to develop information sheets that summarize key research finding on specific technologies and /or their applications to development issues. These technologies will include those core to digital finance (mobile, payments, fintech) and those which support them (big data, artificial intelligence, internet of things, distributed ledger);
- Identify and review research, publications and news related to how the digitization of finance is being applied to achieve the SDGS;
- Work on areas related to impact investment, research and assist with developing reports that contribute to different agenda of UNCDF;
- Data Analytics that includes working with team on bigdata engagement, analyzing trends, assist the team with documenting the same.
- Duration of Initial Contract: Initial three months, extendable up to 6 months
- Expected Duration of Assignment: Maybe extend to a total of 6 months based on organization need and mutual agreement.
For more details, click here.