Applications are invited for Internship Opportunity (Development-Fundraising) at Teach for India, Mumbai for the year 2022. Online applications are open on the official website.
About Teach for India
Teach For India is on a journey to reach an India free of poverty and filled with love by ending educational inequity in our country. Twelve years into our journey we are a movement of 3800 Alumni working at all levels of the education system, who are reaching 1 in 10 children across the country.
These Alumni have graduated from our two-year Fellowship Program where they taught in under-resourced classrooms to put 32,000 low-income children on a different life path. Today, we have 970 Fellows and are the largest pipeline of driven, skilled talent into the educational ecosystem in India.
This exciting internship offers the opportunity to be part of the Teach for India head office team for 2 months. By joining our team, your valuable contribution will help us in building a wider movement for educational equity in the country.
The successful candidate will be characterized by possessing excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, strong analytical and visual ideation and experience in using MS Office Suite. These abilities are paramount for success!This position will be given some ownership of projects and streams of work, depending on capability demonstrated, allowing for valuable personal growth and satisfaction.
This is a full-time, paid position.
- The minimum qualification that we look for is a Graduate degree.
- Applicants should be looking to develop their current skills and be open to learning new things
- Be creative and bring fresh ideas to Teach for India
- Be passionate about Teach for India’s mission and values.
- Have strong interpersonal skills with a professional yet friendly manner of communicating
- Strong analytical and visual ideation
- Be a confident verbal and written communicator
- Possess scoping and research capabilities- proactively seek new information from multiple sources and synthesize findings in an easy-to-digest format for the rest of the team.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and produce accurate work to a high standard
- Be comfortable with constantly changing scenarios and a high stress environment
- Be able to work as part of a team but also able to use your initiative and manage your own workload
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- In depth research and scoping of potential donors.
- Leading research projects on various spheres connected to Development – researching creative new avenues of fundraising.
- Assist with preparing and copy editing of funding proposals and donor reports.
- Provide donor relationship stewardship support to the larger team.
- Assist the team with regular operational and organizational functions.
- This is also an opportunity for the intern to gain valuable organizational exposure and experience and as such, the Development Team is happy to support the candidate’s specific areas of interest in work as far as we can.
Commitment required: 2-4 months.
You may also be interested in: