Amazon’s looking for Data Scientist to optimize one of the most complex logistics systems in the world. Academic and/ or practical background in Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research, or Process Control are particularly relevant for this position. Experience in the integration of model-based engineering tools and/or multidisciplinary analysis & optimization is also a plus.
- Pursuing Masters or equivalent advanced degree from a top tier Technology school
- Record of delivering large analytical solutions with business impact
- Experience on R/SAS/Matlab and SQL
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including a strong working knowledge of Excel
- Problem solving ability and passion for big data
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
Masters or equivalent advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related technical discipline. Hands-on experience and project based learning in computer science, engineering or mathematics is preferred.
- Academic experience in manipulating/transforming data, model selection, model training, cross-validation and deployment at scale.
- Academic or Project Experience with Machine and Deep Learning toolkits such as MXNet, TensorFlow, Caffe and PyTorch.
- Academic Experience with Big Data platforms like Apache Spark and Hadoop.
- Familiarity with data processing with Python, R & SQL.
- Familiarity with AWS services related to AI/ML highly desirable, particularly Amazon EMR, AWS Lambda, SageMaker, Machine Learning, IoT, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2 Container Service, Green Grass etc.
- Use data analyses and statistical techniques to develop solutions to improve customer experience and to guide business decision making
- Identify predictors and causes of business-related problems and implement novel approaches related to forecasting and prediction
- Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations
- Collaborate with multiple teams as a leader of quantitative analysis and where you develop solutions that utilize the highest standards of analytical rigor and data integrity
- Analyze and solve business problems at their root