Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Internship Opportunity (Data Management) at Teach for India.
Teach For India is a non-profit and a movement of leaders that was founded by Shaheen Mistri in 2009. It is a part of the Teach For All network. To build a growing movement of leaders, Teach For India runs a two year Fellowship and supports an Alumni movement.
The Intern, Technology (Data Management) is responsible for supporting our data management systems at Teach For India. This person will be responsible for understanding and documenting business software requirements, supporting and training end-users on data management processes and developing visual dashboards and reports on top of the same to enable efficient data-driven decision making for stakeholders across the organization.
- The Technology team is responsible for providing strategic direction to technology implementations, software solutions and hardware support for all the verticals of Teach For India.
- They are a small but strong team that aims to use science and art to create wonder. “Gandhi meets Jobs” is our motto and they work towards creating beautiful apps that empower all our stakeholders on their journey towards our collective vision.
- They operate with the agility and rigour of a startup, making use of the best and latest technologies available. Some of the technologies/platforms they currently use are Salesforce.com, ReactJS, NodeJS, MongoDB, Elastic, Neo4j and they adopt new technologies when/where they believe they add value.
- They are not rigid about using any specific technology. However, they are committed to providing an amazing user experience on every product/solution that they build.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide support to internal stakeholder teams in maintaining data on existing systems and creating reports and dashboards.
- Document business requirements and test cases for a new system implementation
- Test out the new system and processes before release to the stakeholder team
- Service data management requests such as but not limited to bulk upload/download, verification/validation, extraction, transformation, loading of data.
- Run completion and accuracy reports and share the same with internal stakeholders.
Education and Experience
Graduate/Post-graduate degree in technology or information systems or prior internship/work experience in this domain.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Proficient in building reports and presenting findings.
- Experience in the use of MS Excel/Google Sheets and any scripting tools for data transformation and aggregation.
- Knowledge of visualization tools (Salesforce/Tableau/Power BI/Data Studio).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in writing functional requirements documents, test case documents.
Preferred Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Salesforce Administrator/Developer certification/working experience.
- Knowledge of data warehousing, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
- Knowledge of ETL frameworks/libraries/tools.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the internship through this link.
Click here to view the official notification for the Internship Opportunity (Data Management) at Teach for India.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: