Cyber Crime Branch is a wing of Gujarat Police, India to deal with computer crimes and to enforce provisions of India’s Information Technology Law, namely.
This internship program is intended mainly for Students of law and technology as well as for those who are planning to work with cyberspace in the future. A unique opportunity to experience Cyber Security, Cyber Forensics and Cyber Crime Investigation in real cases.
The internship participants are offered:
- work with an experienced and dynamic team.
- acquisition of practical skills
- gaining experience
- improvement of knowledge
- Certificate of completion of the internship by senior police officers.
- To familiarize interested and willing students of law with the provision of Information Technology Act, 2000 and its applications.
- It is neither a job nor an assurance for a job in the Cyber Crime Branch.
- Applicable to Indian Nationals only.
- The internship is open to students from recognized Institutions and Universities with exposure to Cyber Law.
- Students with a placement in hand are not eligible.
The student pursuing the degree of Law:
- Third-year of the Bachelor’s degree in Law (3-year course after graduation) or
- Final year of the five years integrated course in Law
- LLM in Cyber Laws
Final year students pursuing the degree of:
- Bachelor of Computer Application
- Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Technology.
- Bachelor of Technology in Computer Network
- Systems. BSc in Computer Science,
- BE in Computer Engineering.
- BSc IT
- MSC IT
- Master of Computer Application.
Duration of Internship
The internship is normally for a flexible period of three months to six months. Applicants desirous of pursuing an internship has to apply with due recommendation of respective University/College/Institution for the period applied for.
- Every student is required to provide the Statement of Purpose explaining their interest in this internship.
- There will be a short induction program on provisions of the Information Technology Act, 2000 on the 1st day of the Internship.
- Selected interns will be deputed to various teams of the Polke Station where work will be allocated to them under the guidance/ supervision of officer(s) assigned to them.
- At the end of the internship, each Intern shall make a presentation on the work done by her him during the period of the Internship falling which no certificate will be released.
- Interns are expected to maintain discipline punctuality and integrity. non-compliance whereof shall result In termination of
- The internship is a full-time program and hence interns are required to observe working for 6 to 7 hours approximately,
- Any absence during working hours may result in an extension of the period of internship. The internship may be discontinued at any time if the performance of the intern is not found satisfactory or the intern |¢ absent without authorization of the guide.
- Certificates will be issued to the interns on successful completion of their Internship.
- No stipend shall be provided to any of the interns.
How to Apply?
- Interested students may apply in the prescribed format given here. Application in any other format will not be entertained.
- The application must contain a recommendation of competent authority from the academic institution, where the candidate is pursuing her/his studies. Application received without recommendation will not be entertained.
- Applicants are required to submit a ‘Statement of Purpose’ in about 200 words.
- Applications in the prescribed format complete in all respects may be sent through email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th February.
Feb 28, 2021
For more details, click the link below.