IBM Chennai invites Internship applications from Computer Science students for year 2021. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online on the official website.
The candidate is responsible for design, development and maintaining databases in support of client requirements, evaluating and processing a client’s data feeds and generating production deliverables.
Bachelors (Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics) or comparable experience
- Knowledge on relational/other databases
- Python (Basis to Intermediate) and knowledge on Cloud
- Basic technical aptitude, database and Healthcare knowledge.
- Knowledge on ETL (Data warehousing)
- Effective communication skills to communicate with the team and internal/external customers.
- Problem Solving skills to identify & resolve issues and escalate as and when necessary to be able to handle technical / domain challenges
- Personal effectiveness & self motivation to work independently and gain proficiency at work.
- Analytical thinking to come up with solutions to any challenge in day-to-day work / activities while analyzing the pros and cons of a proposed solution
- Develop familiarity with client-supplied data and with internally developed tools used to assess data quality and build requisite databases.
- Design, maintain, execute and document system tests and requirement validation tests; support user acceptance testing as needed.
- Investigate and resolve data quality issues during testing
- Consistently deliver usable databases on time and within budget while conforming to client expectations for content and quality
- For each update, execute all Data Management test cases, document results, obtain requisite sign-off, and work on resolving any failed test cases prior to proceeding with the update.
- Gain understanding of tools commercial and proprietary tools, such as TREX, DataStage, DataProbe, Advantage Suite, DataProfiler, Data Model Manager and other applications.