About the Organisation
Banglar Manabadhikar Suraksha Mancha (MASUM) is a collective of social activists, professionals; psychiatrists, doctors, psychological counselors and pro bono lawyers dedicated to advance human rights in India and the sub-continent. MASUM collaborates with other human rights groups, social movements and survivors’ collectives to enforce the rights of marginalized people and to minimize the systemic discrimination of marginalized.
Call for Interns
Banglar Manabadhikar Suraksha Mancha (MASUM) seeks to hire a Communications and Outreach intern to help with its human rights initiatives against torture, extrajudicial killings, and atrocities committed against border populace and for securing the rights of the erstwhile enclave dwellers of India and Bangladesh.
Duration of Internship: Full-time (10 am to 6 pm), 4-8 weeks
Location: Serampore, Hooghly, West Bengal
- Social media management (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc).
- Coming up with ideas to increase media visibility for MASUM’s activities and website.
- Drafting press releases, invitations for various public events.
- Assisting in the design of various publications, reports, pamphlets, posters etc.
- Managing or assisting with all social media advertising campaigns.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Creativity and immersion in social media.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics social media monitoring tools.
- Familiarity with designing tools such as Photoshop, Corel Draw etc.
- Proficiency in English; knowledge of Bengali would be preferred.
- A minimum full-time commitment of 4 weeks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
They are willing to provide accommodation for candidates who are likely to face difficulties in the course of travel.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may apply by sending their CV and a cover letter highlighting their experience, interests and motivation to work with communications and human rights. Applications should be sent to masumindia[at]gmail.com with the subject line “Application for Internship- Communications and Outreach” latest by 10 December 2019.