Applications are invited for Internship Opportunity (Communication and Design- Student Leadership) at Teach for India, Bengaluru. Online applications are open on the official website.
About Teach for India
Teach For India is on a journey to reach an India free of poverty and filled with love by ending educational inequity in our country. Twelve years into our journey we are a movement of 3800 Alumni working at all levels of the education system, who are reaching 1 in 10 children across the country.
These Alumni have graduated from our two-year Fellowship Program where they taught in under-resourced classrooms to put 32,000 low-income children on a different life path. Today, we have 970 Fellows and are the largest pipeline of driven, skilled talent into the educational ecosystem in India.
The Intern will work with the Student Leadership team in the city to amplify the projects and events that are taking place in the city. The work will primarily involve conducting interviews with Fellows, the Bangalore student advisory council, donors, collecting stories for the newsletter and social media.
The intern will also be required to design a website/ platform where they can update the stories and events in the city. The intern will work across multiple student leadership projects including Research and Documentation, Design and Social Media Advocacy. The duration of the internship will be a period of 3 months. This is a part-time, unpaid Internship.
Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in Google applications
- Proficiency in Design software (optional)
Competencies and Abilities
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to manage time across different projects
- Ability to work with, and invest, multiple stakeholders towards common outcomes
- Laptop required
- Time commitment: 10-12 hours per week
- Remote work is possible. In case you can work out of the city it is an added bonus.
- Visiting classrooms and collecting student stories in the region
- Design the newsletter by collating Student Leadership stories in the region
- Design a website/ platform to display student leadership stories and events.
Click here to apply for Internship Opportunity (Communication and Design- Student Leadership) at Teach for India.
You may also be interested in: