The Commonwealth Foundation Grants team is seeking an Intern to work with their small, London-based team with a truly global remit. As part of the Grants team, you will perform a variety of tasks including assisting with the grants program management, research, database management, and general administrative support to the grants team as required.
You will also be part of the wider internship program, which includes internship projects that work across the whole Foundation.
The role will be based in our London office at St James. At the time of starting, if COVID-19 social distancing restrictions are still in place, it is envisaged the role will initially commence remotely.
- The successful intern will have a degree in a related field to the Foundation’s work.
- You will have experience of working in the area of grant-making and/ or international development and be able to demonstrate excellent writing and communication skills.
- You will be committed to the work of the Foundation including the mission and values.
- You will be a self-starter who is able to prioritize your own workload and multitask as required.
- You will have excellent IT skills including database management along with a can-do attitude.
- Five days per week, from 9.30 am to 5.30 pm. Flexibility around these timings can be discussed if, for example, the intern is undertaking part-time studying or similar commitments. A minimum of a total of 4 days is required
- Six months’ duration with the possibility of extension to a maximum of one year
- £55 per day (Rs. 4692 approx.).
- Travel allowance (commuting to and from the office) to a maximum of £20 per day is available
- As an internship, this does not constitute employment with the Foundation. There are no payments for the bank holidays, privileged days, or sickness. There is a limited holiday allowance
- The Intern is included fully in any external training opportunities (including conference attendance) and appropriate internal learning and development programs.
- Assistance is given where possible to aid the Intern in securing a permanent role in another organization at the end of their internship. If there was a suitable vacancy at the Foundation, the intern can apply, however, there is no guarantee of any role at the end of the internship.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is June 19, 2020.
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Internship Opportunity at PRS Legislative Research, Delhi [Work from Home]: Applications Open.