Applications are invited for Internship Opportunity (Cloud Support- Networks) at AWS, Bengaluru for the year 2021. Online applications are open on the official website.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), an Amazon.com Company, has been the world’s leading cloud provider for more than 15 years with the most mature, comprehensive, and broadly adopted cloud platform.
Amazon Internet Services Private Limited, or AISPL, undertakes the resale and marketing of cloud services for AWS in India. Millions of customers in over 190 countries – from the fastest growing startups to the largest enterprises, through to leading government agencies – all place their trust in AWS to power their infrastructure, and deliver innovation.
As part of the AISPL return-to-work program for women, Second Innings, the AWS Premium Support team is looking for experienced support engineers to undertake a 6-month internship. In this role, you will work with AWS services and learn troubleshooting techniques used to provide unique solutions to our customers’ individual need.
Second Innings is a hiring program for experienced women professionals who are looking to relaunch their careers after a break of three months or more. This unique internship opportunity will mean those hired will go through a training program that builds critical skills required for the role, and prepare them for their AWS certification to advance their career journey in cloud roles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field. · Advanced experience with Networking and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, traceroute, iperf, dig, cURL or related).
- In-depth understanding of virtualization and cloud computing (Hypervisors, VMware, Xen).
- Advanced experience in networking administration and troubleshooting.
- Strong knowledge of networking and routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, DNS, TCP/IP, IPSEC)
- Demonstrated proficiency in networking principles (routing, switching, load balancing etc.)
- Experience configuring software-based IPSEC and SSL based VPN solutions.
- Experience configuring and supporting devices such as Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, SonicWALL, Checkpoint, Palo Alto etc.
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
- Good understanding of security best practices.
- Good understanding of distributed computing environments and methodologies
Every day of this 6-month internship program will bring new and exciting challenges on the job:
- As a Cloud Support Engineer Intern you will benefit from the opportunity to gain experience with AWS cloud services including EC2, load balancers, and S3 storage solutions.
- Collaborate with engineers and their peers in a virtual classroom to learn about AWS services, and practice troubleshooting techniques.
- You’ll have an opportunity to apply your new skills through customer case simulations.
- Participate in projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience.
- You will work on new and existing projects, have the opportunity to obtain AWS certifications, and attend professional development events.
You may also be interested in:
- Programming Internship at Ministry of Women and Child Development, New Delhi [Stipend Rs. 10k/month]: Apply by Nov 30
- Internship Opportunity (Digital Design) at Motorola/ Lenovo, Bangalore: Apply Now