Applications are invited for Internship Opportunity (Climate Change) at UNDP, New Delhi for the year 2021. The last date of application is 28 July 2021.
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher) on relevant subject such as Environmental / Climate Change Studies.
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent) on relevant subject such as as Environmental / Climate Change Studies.
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above);
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
- Excellent understanding about climate change, international relations & negotiations in the Environmental field.
- Good understanding on issues such as Climate Change, energy, international and national negotiation on climate change issues.
- Experience of working with/ volunteering with research institutes/ civil society organisations on climate change research projects/
- Ability to produce quality document with quick turnaround time.
- Experience in writing blogs, features, articles & documenting gender specific case studies would be an asset.
- Good team player and ability to adapt to change in work environment
Under the guidance of National Programme Manager, Climate Change, Resilience and Energy, UNDP India the intern is expected to:
- Review, document and prepare briefs for UNFCCC processes on issues related to climate change.
- Provide necessary technical backstopping and research inputs for the preparation of position papers, knowledge products and related contexts.
- Help facilitate various communication tasks related to programme, and develop a knowledge bank of relevant material related to climate change.
- Provide support on implementation of activities under the ongoing climate change projects.
- Provide support for organizing consultations with relevant stakeholders and prepare background material.
- Support in overall coordination of activities under the partnership with Ministry of Environment Forest and Climate Change.
- Shall also undertake any other related tasks as requested by UNDP.
Interested candidates can apply online via this page.
- Last date of application is 28 July 2021.
- Starting date: 2 August 2021
Click here to view the official notification of Internship Opportunity (Climate Change) at UNDP, New Delhi.
You may also be interested in: