Applications are invited for Internship Opportunity (Business Intel Engineer) at Amazon for the year 2021. Online applications are open on the official website.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing things, make decisions quickly, and are not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a small one.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research
- Proficiency in SQL and in one or more programming language – Python, Scala, Ruby and Java.
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals, data storage principles, ETL, Data Modeling, and Data Architecture.
- Knowledge on using business intelligence reporting tools – Tableau/QuickSight/Looker
- Familiar with theory and practice of information retrieval, relevance, Statistics, and data mining and skilled at data visualization and presentation.
- Excellent problem solving skills, combined with the ability to present your findings/insights clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form.
- Pursuing Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, and Analytics
- Used statistical package in R or Used Python for data analysis and predictive modelling or exposed to tools like SAS, SPSS
- Have understanding of Bigdata – tools and technologies – Hadoop, Spark, EMR and skills sufficient to extract, transform, and clean large (multi-TB) data sets in a Unix/Linux environment using programming languages Java, Scala, Ruby or Python.
As a BIE – Intern on the team, you will enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and triangulating the data points/ metrics into reports and actionable format. Your ownership of the scoping and design of new metrics and enhancement of existing ones will help support the future state of business processes and ensure sustainability.
You will communicate analysis and insights to stakeholders and business leaders, both verbally and in writing. These analytics and metrics will help ensure we are focused on what’s important, enable clarity and focus, and delight our customers.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions. Ensure data accuracy by validating data for new and existing tools.
- Retrieve and analyze data using SQL, Excel, and other data management systems and develop reporting and data visualization solutions –using tools like Tableau, AWS-QuickSight and Looker.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Model data and metadata to support the reporting pipelines and automate the manual reporting solutions using programming language such as Python Java, Scala.
- Understand trends related to business metrics and recommend strategies to stakeholders to help drive business growth. Reporting of key insight trends, using statistical rigor (Hypothesis testing, measuring experiment success defining statistical significance, developing basic regression and forecasting models) to simplify and inform the larger team of noteworthy story lines.
You may also be interested in: