Applications are invited for Internship Opportunity at Walmart, Bangalore and Chennai for the year 2021. Online applications are open on the official website.
Walmart is committed to a future where retail in India is a mix of shopping experiences that best serve Indian consumers, suppliers, producers, and retailers.
We are building out a holistic ecosystem that includes a wholesale cash-and-carry business, eCommerce platforms, a payments and financial services platform, as well as logistics and supply chain capabilities – strong local businesses that are powered by Walmart.
You will work on multiple domains like multichannel supply chain to complex retail systems in the point of sale, finance, logistics and transportation domains.
You’ll create game-changing solutions / applications using cutting-edge technology and streamline process through innovation. We’re constantly reinventing how we save people’s money in our retail stores, online and through their mobile devices, and we do it in an unexpected ways.
Whether you’re analyzing data, simplifying the supply chain or creating solutions to make this planet more sustainable, what you’ll be really doing is redefining the customer experience and making lives better.
You get to work on a wide spectrum of technologies and heterogeneous platforms such as Java, Hadoop, Cassandra, ERP, Middleware tools, low latency messaging systems, machine learning and open source frameworks.
You have strong problem solving, analytic, decision-making and excellent communication with interpersonal skills. You pay attention to details and are able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate effective actions plans to resolve issues.
- You are self-driven and motivated with entrepreneurial passion and desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with varied responsibilities.
- You are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in engineering and are to graduate in 2022
- You have scored a combined aggregate score of 7 or above across all semesters
- You possess an extremely sound understanding in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Data Structures, Algorithms, Object Oriented Programming and Design
- You have a good command on any one programming language – C/C++/Java.
- You have knowledge of Relational Databases
You will have to work in a team of developers writing codes to build one of the systems, as listed below but not limited to:
- Largest private customer database, master data for Item
- Supply Chain to support our online and offline channels
- Mobile development to enhance user experience for our associates
- Complex security frameworks and cryptology suites
- Integration layer to interface with suppliers and B2B partners.
- World’s largest private cloud
- Large Scale distributed Systems, Service Oriented Architecture,
- High Performance, Scalable and Reliable Systems
- Massive in-memory databases
You may also be interested in: