This Summer Internship program attempts to bring together students from prominent institutions across the country to our campus. It will allow external and internal students to participate in research projects, undergo mentorship by faculties of NIT Silchar thereby leading to close conglomerates and collaborations between respective institutions.
External and Internal Students of B.Tech pre-final year (3rd Year) in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering are eligible to apply.
Duration of Program
The minimum duration of 4 weeks between 25th May to 20th June 2020.
Students may apply with the proposed research proposal. The application format is available here. The application should be submitted to the respective UGRC Individual Department members via Email given below:
1. Dr. Arup Goswami, Assoc. Professor (Electrical Engineering),
2. Dr. Koushik Guha, Asstt. Professor (Electronics and Communication Engineering),
3. Dr. Sukumar Pati, Asstt. Professor (Mechanical Engineering ),
4. Dr. Ranjay Hazra, Asstt. Professor (Electronics &Instrumental Engineering)
5. Dr. Malaya Dutta Borah, Asstt. Professor (Computer Science Engineering)
6. Dr. Susmita Ghosh Asstt. Professor (Civil Engineering)
- The internship will be under the mentorship of a faculty from NITS.
- Applicants above CPI 7 or 70% can apply.
- For external candidates, a bonafide cum recommendation letter is required from the parent institute.
- The application form should be duly signed and forwarded by HOD of that institution
- Applicants are requested to contact the individual faculties of respective departments (www.nits.ac.in) and after getting consent from the respective faculty, they can apply for Summer Internship.
- Letter of consent from host faculty” should be submitted along with application form.
- Applicants are to submit a report to the individual faculty/department after the end of the internship.
After the submission of applications, a thorough review of the applications will take place. The list of shortlisted applications will be uploaded here.
Accommodation and fooding facility will be provided for External students in Hostels/Café/ Guest House on chargeable basis. At the successful completion of the Summer Internship, students will receive certificates.
- Call for Internship (Date): 16th March’2020
- Last date to Apply (Date): 4th April’2020
- List of shortlisted candidates for an internship (Date): Ist week of May’2020
For any query contact Dr. Brinda Bhowmick, Assoc. Professor ECE Dept. via Email (Email: email@example.com)
For official notification click here
You may also be interested in: