Applications are invited for Internship Opportunity at NISD, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment for the year 2021. The last date of application is 25 November.
About NISD Internship Scheme
National Institute of Social Defence (NISD) Internship Scheme seeks to engage students pursuing Graduate / Post Graduate Degrees or Research Scholars enrolled in recognized University/Institution within India as “interns”. These ‘interns” shall be given exposure to various Divisions within NISD.
The Scheme has the following stated objectives:
- To allow young academic talent to be associated with the NISD’s work for mutual benefit.
- The “Interns” shall have an opportunity to know about the functions of the different Divisions of the NISD and their programmes and policies etc.
- To provide an opportunity for the officers of the Authority to interact with young thinking minds from reputed Institutions, as ideas from budding scholars will prove to be of important for policy and planning inputs.
- To provide a framework to students by which their educational experience is enhanced and support the work of NISD through practical work assignments.
Bonafide students pursuing/passed out Graduate/Post Graduate Degree or Research Scholars enrolled in recognized University/ Institution within India from any background but preferably Social Science background i.e. Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Law, etc., of any recognized University/ Institution within India fulfilling the following conditions:
- Students must be pursuing/passed out Graduate/Post Graduate Degree or Research Scholars.
- They must have secured 50% or more cumulative marks in all the years/semesters of their graduation/post-graduation till the date of application.
- Interested applicants shall apply online for Internship programme.
- Applicants must clearly indicate the area of interest.
- A candidate can apply for internship only once during a financial year.
- The applicants who do not fulfil the eligibility conditions, their applications shall be rejected by the Competent Authority.
- The selected applicant has to produce a letter of recommendation from the college/institution at the time of joining, failing which his/her candidature shall be cancelled. [The format for the LoR has been provided in Annexure II of the Internship Guidelines]
- Fluency in English or Hindi is desirable for the internship.
Applications received till the 25th of each month shall be allowed for subsequent month/s internship.
The period of Internship shall be at least four weeks but not exceeding 3 months. Interns not completing the requisite period will not be issued any certificate. Intern shall be present in the office hours i.e. 9.30 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. in all working days. For experience, If Director desires, intern may travel for field experience.
Domain/ Area of Internship
- Senior Citizens Care
- Drug Abuse Prevention
- Other Social Defence Issues
Click here to view the official notification of Internship Opportunity at NISD, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment.
You may also be interested in: