Applications are invited for the Internship Opportunity at National Rural Infrastructure Development Agency (NRIDA), Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India.
National Rural Infrastructure Development Agency (NRIDA) was registered as a society on 14th January, 2002 under the name ‘National Rural Roads Development Agency’ (NRRDA) with the basic objective of extending technical and management support to the Governmentof India in implementation of Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY).
It got its newname NRIDA in May 2017 after inclusion of rural housing activities in its scope of activities.
About the Internship
In order to study/formulate/operationalize/assessment of various works/ projects/ policies etc., NRIDA seeks to attract young talent from the technical fields through an internship programme.
The internship Programme will allow young talent to be associated with the NRIDA work for mutual benefit. It will enable NRIDA to interact with young scholars and to get fresh ideas and study/ research support from the field of academics.
At the same time, it will provide an opportunity to young scholars to contribute in the NRID~ work and have an insight into the related technical work.
- The details of eligibility for engagement as interns in different divisions are given here.
- The age of candidate should not be more than 25 years.
- The applicant should have done Graduation or Post Graduation during last two years, i.e. final exam should not have been conducted earlier than March 2019.
Duration of Internship
- The duration of internship shall normally be One Year. Candidates who leave the internship before completing one year will not be provided certificate of experience or any other recommendatory certificate for the purpose of further employment.
- Extension beyond One Year shall be permitted, on the application of intern duly recommended by the concerned Head of Division and with the approval of the DGNRIDA. However, the period of internship will not be extended beyond a total of two years.
- Selection of Interns would be done by a Selection Committee constituted by DG NRIDA. After the preliminary scrutiny, the applications of shortlisted candidates will be placed before the selection committee.
- The selection committee may conduct personal interview (in offline or online mode, as decided by the committee) if required. No TA/ DA shall be paid to candidates for attending the personal interview.
- NRIDA may shortlist the applications, limit the number of applicants to be called for a particular period and to decide about the mode of screening thereof.
- If the applicant is pursuing study at any institution then Applicant shall be required to produce a letter from their Supervisor/Head of Department/Institution, indicating his/her status in the Institution and “No Objection” for allowing the student to undergo Internship programme for the period for which he or she is selected before joining. The intern is required to give full time to NRIDA, hence ‘internship and university course work CAN NOT go on simultaneously.
- The internship is neither a job nor an assurance of a job with the NRIDA.
- The interns would be attached with one of the officers in the Divisions of the NRIDA.
- An orientation workshop will be held for interns at the beginning of the internship. The work of interns will be monitored through periodic interaction with the interns..
- The attendance record and the details of work supervision shall be maintained by the Divisions/Units in NRIDA.
Logistics & Support
- Interns will be required to have their own laptops. NRIDA shall provide them working space, workplace Internet facility and other necessities as deemed fit by the concerned Head of Division.
- Interns would be expected to work from Home if required in the interest of work. In case of their working from horrie, they should have proper amenities like computer and fast internet connection.
- Every Intern will be paid a token remuneration @ Rs. 10,000/-per month for the first year. The remuneration will be increased to Rs. 11,000/- for the subsequent year, if applicable.
- The remuneration shall be paid after completion of the month subject to satisfactory progress of work duly accepted by concerned division.
How to Apply?
Interested and eligible candidates must submit their applications along with their CVs, areas of work interest in the prescribed application form to Director (F&A), National Rural Infrastructure and Development Agency, 5th Floor, 15-NBCC Tower, BhikajiCama Place through e-mail at email@example.com. in response to advertisement/ notification from NRIDA.
June 18, 2021
Click here to view the official notification for the Internship Opportunity at National Rural Infrastructure Development Agency (NRIDA)
More such opportunities that you might be interested in:
- Internship Opportunity for Software Engineering Students at Philips, Bangalore: Apply Now
- Internship Opportunity at Wipro, Gurgaon: Apply Now!
- Internship Opportunity (Recruiter) at Amazon, Bengaluru: Applications Open