About the organisation
The National Health Authority (NHA) is responsible for overall vision and stewardship for design, roll-out, implementation and management of Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY) in alliance with state governments. PM-JAY provides financial protection (Swasthya Suraksha) to 10.74 crore poor, deprived rural families and identified occupational categories of urban workers’ families (more than 50 crore beneficiaries).
Nature of internship
In supersession of the previous guidelines dated May 2018, NHA announces the revised NHA internship guidelines and NHA Internship Programme.
The Programme seeks to engage students who are recent graduates or are pursuing Under Graduate/Post Graduate Degrees enrolled in any recognized University/ Institution within India or abroad, as “Interns”.
The “interns” shall be given exposure to various departments within NHA and would be expected to contribute to improve the existing systems and processes at NHA.
“Interns” at NHA will gain exposure to various facets of implementation of Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY) such as state coordination, data analytics, organizational administration, health financing studies, management of public health systems, innovations in public health and other related areas.
Domains/ Areas available for Internship
- Procedure Pricing and Hospital Network Management
- Quality Assurance
- State Coordination & Capacity Building
- Information, Education and Communication
- IT Systems Strengthening
- Data Analytics
- Grievance Management and Fraud Analytics
- Legal Management and Administration
New Delhi, India
Who can apply
Students from recognized universities who have secured at least 70% marks in their Intermediate examination and are:
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree, and are in the 2nd/3rd year of the 10+2+4 pattern of education with at least 70% marks or equivalent CGPA OR;
- Pursuing integrated degree course or dual degree and are in the 4th/5th year of the 10+2+5 pattern of education with at least 70% marks or equivalent CGPA in their undergraduate degree (
Candidates who have graduated with at least 70% marks or equivalent CGPA in their undergraduate/graduate degree and having exposure in the areas of the intended internship.
Candidates with a good academic background and having higher qualification shall be given preference for the internship programme.
Duration of internship
The internship shall be offered on a rolling basis throughout the year based on the requirements of the NHA.
The minimum duration of internship shall be of six weeks, extendable up to six months, depending on the performance of the candidate, requirement of the NHA and the time the Intern is willing to spend with the NHA.
- Interested applicants may apply online only in the address link to be indicated in the website of NHA. The interns shall have to submit their application at least 15 days prior to their intended start date of the internship.
- Applicants must indicate up to 3 areas of interest from the list provided in Annexure ‘A’.
- A candidate can apply for the internship only once during a financial year.
- The applicants who do not fulfil the eligibility conditions, their applications shall be rejected by the system automatically.
- The selected applicant must produce original mark sheets and No Objection Certificate from the college/ Institution at the time of joining, failing which his/ her candidature shall be cancelled. A template for the NOC has been appended in Annexure ‘B’.
- The Interns will be shortlisted and selected by the respective Verticals/ Units/ Divisions for their concerned domain.
- For the selection of interns, personal or Skype Interview may be conducted, if deemed necessary. No TA / DA shall be paid to candidates for attending the personal interview.
- List of selected candidates would be displayed on the web portal and/or the candidates shall be intimidated over email.