About the organisation:
The Manipal Centre for Natural Sciences (MCNS) was started in 2011 under the Manipal Research Group (MARG).
Nature/type/work of internship:
Applications are invited from outstanding students for the Summer Research Internship (SRI2019) Program at the Manipal Centre for Natural Sciences (MCNS), Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal, Karnataka. MCNS carries out fundamental research in the natural sciences.
Opportunities for SRI2019 are available in the following research areas:
- Reactor Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Observational Astrophysics
- Theoretical Physics & Particle Cosmology
- Organic Chemistry
- Evolutionary & Computational Biology
Location: Manipal, Karnataka.
Who can apply:
Highly motivated students currently enrolled or completed M. Sc./ M. Tech./ fourth year integrated M. Sc./ M. Tech. programs and highly motivated third or fourth year B. Sc./ B. Tech. students may apply.
- A consolidated stipend of Rs. 15,000/-
- Free shared on-campus hostel accommodation.
Duration of internship:
The SRI Program is an annual event which runs for 6 weeks over the summer.
Filled Application form in a single PDF file must be sent by email to sri[at]manipal.edu on or before 29th April 2019.
Two letters of recommendation (to be sent to the above e-mail address) from referees, who have taught you or are familiar with your academic work.
- The Last date for applications: 29th April 2019. Applications received beyond this date will not be considered.
- List of shortlisted candidates for Skype interview will be uploaded to this website by 5th May 2019.
- Skype interviews will be conducted between 6th – 11th May 2019 and the final selected candidate list will be uploaded to this website soon after.
Summer Research Internship Program (SRI2019)
Manipal Centre for Natural Sciences
Dr. T.M.A. Pai Planetarium Building
Manipal University, Manipal – 567 104, Karnataka
Telephone: +91 820 2923571