The Department of Posts, with its network of 1,54,939 Post Offices, is the largest postal network in the world. In order to explore the potential & ideas available with the young generation in the field of Technology, Marketing, Social Media, Banking, Insurance, Public Administration and Management spheres etc, Department intends to provide internship programme and fellowships.
This programme seeks to engage students pursuing Under Graduate/Graduate/Post Graduate Degrees from recognized University/Institution within India as “Interns”. These interns shall be given exposure through various Circles/Divisions of Postal directorate.
Domains/Area Available for Internship
- eCommerce/Courier, Express and Parcel(CEP)
- Parcel/Logistics & supplyChain
- Asset management
- Marketing/ Publicity andBranding
- Banking & financial inclusion
- HR Management
- Network & Technology and SoftwareSecurity
- Legal and Legislativemechanism
Indian students from recognized universities in India or abroad who have secured at least 60% marks in the last held degree or certificate examination
Who has completed education under 10+2+3 pattern of education i.e. students who have completed 15 years of formal education
Who is pursuing 3rd year in the Business Studies and Engineering in 10+2+3 pattern of education
Who are pursuing 4th or 5th year in the integrated degree course or dual degree of 10+2+5 pattern of education
Who has completed 2nd year of Software Engineering in any IIT/NIT or 1st/ 2nd Year of Business Studies in any IIM/ recognized Management Institute
The duration of internship shall be of two (2) month starting w.e.f. 01.05.2020. Interns not completing the requisite period will not be issued any certificate.
Interns may be paid token remuneration @ Rs.10,000/- per month per intern.
How to Apply?
- Interested and eligible students must send their applications by post or submit in person, along with their CVs and areas of work interest to the Assistant Postmaster General, BD & Philately, O/o the CPMG, West Bengal Circle, Yogayog Bhawan, Kolkata – 700012 in the prescribed application form. These applications need to be sponsored by the Institution in which the intern is enrolled in.
- At the time of joining on selection, applicants shall be required to produce a letter from their Supervisor/ Head of Department/Principal, indicating their status in the Institution and “No Objection” for allowing their student to undergo Internship programme for the period for which he/she has been selected.
- Students who have completed their education, need not apply for the internship programme.
Logistics and Support
Interns will be required to have their own laptops. The Department will provide the working space, workplace internet facility and other necessities as deemed fit by the concerned Heads.
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
For full details about the internship and official notification, click here.
You may also be interested in:
Summer Internship at IIIT Guwahati [Monthly Stipend Rs. 10k]: Apply by Mar 31
Summer Internship at The Good Samaritans India, Hyderabad (NGO) [18 Vacancies]: Applications Open
International Local Authorities Internship Program by UMT, Turkey [Aug 9-19, Fully Funded]: Apply by May 10
Internship Opportunity: PG and Research Students by Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation [Rs. 10K Stipend]: Apply by Mar 31
Summer Internship for External Students at IIT Guwahati [May-July]: Apply by March 31