Applications are invited for Internship Opportunity 2021 at The Lokpal of India. Online applications are open on the official website.
Applications are invited for an internship program under the Lokpal of India Internship Scheme 2021 from interested eligible candidates as per following details.
About the Lokpal of India
A Lokpal is an anti-corruption authority or body of ombudsman who represents the public interest in the Republic of India.
The Lokpal has jurisdiction over the central government to inquire into allegations of corruption against its public functionaries and for matters connected to corruption. The Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act was passed in 2013 with amendments in parliament, following the Jan Lokpal movement in 2011.
It is responsible for enquiring into corruption charges at the national level while the Lokayukta performs the same function at the state level. The age of Lokpal (chairperson or member) on the date of assuming office as the chairperson or a member should not be less than 45 years.
The applicant should be pursuing a regular undergraduate or postgraduate degree course in the field of Law, Political Science, Public Administration, Public Policy, Management, Economics, or Human Rights.
- Applicants must have secured a minimum of 75% or equivalent marks in the 12th class.
- The undergraduate student must have completed at least two years of study in the undergraduate course.
- Undergraduate students must have a minimum aggregate of 55% or equivalent marks in years completed till the date of application.
- Postgraduate students must have a minimum aggregate of 55% or equivalent in the graduation course.
How to Apply?
- Eligible candidates may apply anytime by proposing date of commencement and period of internship during the financial year.
- Application should reach to the Office of Lokpal of India at least 3 months before the proposed date of commencement of internship.
- Candidate can apply through their Institute/ College/University in the annexed application form (Link at the end of this post). It should be duly recommended by HOD/Dean/Principal of the institute of the candidate.
- Enclose a summary of marks in 12th and graduation to show his/her eligibility of candidate for internship as indicated under the head of Educational Qualification (Sub-head: Eligibility)
- Enclose self-attested scanned copies of mark sheet of 12th standard onward including mark sheet of each year/semester of present course.
- To enclose a 500 words write-up on any of the following topics
- Evil effects of Corruption in the society
- Measure to root out corruption in India
- The application should be sent by post on E-mail to:
Deputy Secretary, Lokpal of India
Plot No.6, Phase-II, Vasant Kunj,
Institutional Area, New Delhi-110070.
E-Mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
A stipend of Rs.10,000/- per month will be paid to each of the interns on successful completion of the internship.
The duration of the internship will be for a minimum period of 6 weeks and a maximum period of 12 weeks as per application.
Eligible candidates may apply anytime by proposing date of commencement and period of internship during the financial year. Application should reach to the Office of Lokpal of India at least three month before the proposed date of commencement of internship.
You may also be interested in:
- Virtual Internship 2022 by Competition Commission of India (CCI) [Jan 2022]: Apply by Dec 1
- Winter Internship 2021 at IIT Bhubaneswar [Dec 6-31]: Register by Nov 21