Internship Opportunity at FSSAI [Nov 2019]: Apply by Oct 8
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India is an autonomous body established under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. The FSSAI has been established under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 which is a consolidating statute related to food safety and regulation in India.
About the Internship
FSSAI invites application for the month of November 2019 for the Internship Scheme 2019-20 at Food Safety and Standards Authority of India, which will provide interns with various learning opportunities through a well-designed training calendar.
Students pursuing a full-time post graduate degree/ diploma or higher degree from a Recognized Institute within India/ abroad, in any of the following:
- Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Food Technology, Microbiology, Veterinary Sciences, Agricultural Sciences or any other related field
- Business Administration & Management including Policy Regulation & related fieldsBusiness Administration & Management including Policy Regulation & related fields.
- Media & Communications
Note: Students in 3rd/ 4th year of their 4-year Bachelor’s program in Food Technology or related fields can also apply.
The internship will be available throughout the year at different points of time. Internships offered will be for a duration of 8 weeks, which may be extended to a maximum period of 6 months for reasons to be recorded in writing.
Place of Internship
- FDA Bhawan, Kotla Road New Delhi- 110002. (HQ)
- FSSAIT (NR), First Floor, NBCC Place, Bhisham Pitamah Marg, Pragati Vihar, New Delhi-1 10003
- FSSAI, Hall Mark Business Plaza, Sant Dyaneshwar Marg, Oppst. Gurunanak Hospital Road, Bandra (East), Mumbai- 400051
- FSSAI, Central Documentation Complex, (South Wing), Chennai Port Trust, Rajaji Salai, Chennai 600001
- FSSAI, Benfish Tower, 6th floor,31 GN Block, Sector-V, Salt Lake,Kolkata-700091
Interns would be required to have their own laptops. FSSAI shall provide their working space, internet facility and other necessities but shall not cover local lodging and travel facilities. FSSAI will not bear the expenses of any Boarding.
Areas/Domains Available for Internship
Any of the area mentioned in the application will be deemed indicative of the preference and not a confirmation of protect allocation in the specific department.
HQ New Delhi:
- Regulatory Compliance
- Quality Assurance
- Risk Assessment & R&D
- SNF Projects
- Food Fortification
Regional Offices (NR Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai & Kolkata):
Hands-on training in Food Imports Clearance and Licensing and Registration of Food Business Only.
How to Apply?
- Interested and eligible students can apply online through this link. Applicants, who have applied for an internship for previous months, need to apply afresh.
- The shortlisted candidates may be required to submit a short write up/presentation for final selection.
- The final list of selected candidates along with their date of joining and Internship tenure would be declared online on FSSAI website.
- Starting date of receiving application: Sep 27, 2019
- Last date of submitting online application: Oct 8, 2019
- Announcement of Shortlisted candidates: Oct 21, 2019
- Date of joining: Nov 1, 2019
For further details, click here.
About the Author