J-PAL South Asia at the Institute for Financial Management and Research seeks an Intern in Groundwater Management for November 2018 – Feb 2019. The position offers an opportunity to gain first-hand field management experience in an organization undertaking cutting-edge development research.
The Intern will join a team of researchers from the University of California, Berkeley and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in an experimental research project that aims to generate policy-relevant evidence to improve groundwater management practices in coastal Gujarat and across India.
- At least three years of university-level coursework in economics, public policy, agriculture, rural development, environmental science, geology, hydrology, engineering, or related fields.
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Very good oral communication skills in either Hindi or Gujarati.
- Strong quantitative and computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and basic skills in a data analysis package such as Stata or R.
- Self-motivation, flexibility, resourcefulness, and ability to work independently, including in rural field locations, while balancing multiple tasks and prioritizing effectively.
How to Apply?
Click here to apply online.
For further details on the same, click here.