As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objective in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. For implementing the activities in the field of direct climate risk insurances, GIZ is looking for an intern (f/m/d) at the GIZ office in Delhi/India.
As an intern, you support the Action Area 2 of the Global Project “InsuResilience” with their conceptualization and implementing activities in India. You will work on specific tasks that you will perform independently under supervision.
This includes the following activities:
- You work conceptually on the climate risk insurance models.
- You prepare presentation materials and concept notes on various climate risk insurance and/or agriculture insurance relevant topics.
- You support the team in preparation of field visits, focus group discussions or other project coordination activities.
- You participate in general meetings of the team and relevant other departments in GIZ.
- You support the team in knowledge management and information exchange.
- You support daily business and take on administrative tasks.
- Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago.
- You have an undergraduate degree, bachelor’s or master’s degree in economics, development economics, agriculture economics, environmental studies, politics or a related field.
- You have already gained some experience in climate/agriculture insurance from internships or university work.
- You have already gained some experience in developing countries through internships or semesters abroad.
- You have above average organizational skills, structured as well as innovative thinking, are efficient, self-organized, and able to quickly and comprehensively learn new topics.
- You are a team player, have good communication skills and show initiative.
- You are either a native German or a native English speaker and have additionally good French or Spanish skills (spoken and written).
- You are preferably available for 6 months.
GIZ pay a monthly stipend of € 1.520,- (gross). Depending on the country of assignment a monthly expatriation allowance (gross), predetermined by GIZ will be paid on top.
How to Apply?
Click here to apply online.
Ms. Sabine Preuss