UNICEF, New Delhi is inviting applications from eligible candidates for internship in Disaster Risk and Resilience (DRR), Emergency & Risk Informed Programming Section.
Internship Maximum duration is 26 weeks, regardless of academic requirement. This is a paid internship, a monthly stipend of INR 20,000 will be paid.
The intern will learn the following:
- Mapping institutions working on climate change in Delhi and India and summarize their interventions (Preparation of a database reflecting key data for programming);
- Identifying private sector partners already engaged or can be potential investors in climate action;
- Contributing to organize a Climate Partner meeting;
- Reviewing key national and state government websites and communications related to climate change to identify and flag key issues and opportunities for partnerships and programming with regard to child-centered climate action;
- Monitoring national and international news related to climate change and share relevant information with DRR network (news updates, trend analysis, specific research requests).
End of Internship:
At the end of the internship, the intern will prepare a report about his / her learning experience with UNICEF including recommendations for increased efficiency and effectiveness in the areas he/she worked.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will:
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate university degree focusing on Natural Resource/ Environmental Management, Climate Change, Disaster Risk Management, Political Science, Sociology or any other relevant field;
- Undergraduates should be having the minimum age of 18 years;
- Recent graduates are allowed until 2 years after degree completion;
- Familiarity with emergency is considered an asset;
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2019.
For further details on the same, click here.