About CRY – Child Rights and You
Child Rights and You (CRY) is an agent of change and with your involvement ensures that the fundamental rights of underprivileged children in India are protected and honoured. Our website is an open book of our work.
About the work
Selected inter’s day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Working on a crowdfunding campaign in the months of February and March 2020 for CRY Mumbai to support child rights,
- Taking up responsibility for its success and promote the same and draw in as many supporters and funds.
- Take up a target amount challenge and bring on board ‘n’ number of supporters for the campaign.
This is a work from home internship based on fund raising for malnourished children. CRY has committed itself to ensure that 1250 children’s lives are saved who are suffering from Malnourishment.
Here’s one of the many stories that moved us to start this campaign – In 2018, Sankalp, a CRY project, started a health and nutrition program across 40 villages in Maharashtra. In Kinhoda, CRY came across Akanksha, a three year old, who weighed a shockingly low 9.3 kgs. Due to her weight, Akanksha suffered from severe malnutrition which drastically changed her appearance and gave her acutely weak limbs.
Akanksha’s state was far from being okay and she needed urgent attention. Looking at the severity of her condition, CRY intervened and immediately inducted Akanksha into their program and began working closely with her parents to improve her health. With adequate support and guidance from CRY project staff, today Akanksha’s condition has improved – no longer in danger, she went from being severely malnourished to becoming a healthy child weighing 11.9 kg in just 6 months!
Last year alone, CRY has successfully protected 26,434 children, under the age of 5, from malnutrition and aims to positively impact more children in the years to come. Their belief that every child has the right to grow up healthy and deserves proper nutrition, is one that strongly resonated with me. Help fulfil this vision by contributing and helping CRY break the cycle of malnutrition!
Number of vacancies
Digital Marketing, Communication Skills
Who can apply
Only those candidates can apply who:
- are available for the work from home job/internship
- can start the work from home job/internship between 12th Feb’20 and 13th Mar’20
- are available for duration of 1 month
- have relevant skills and interests
** Women willing to start/restart their career can also apply.
How to apply
Certificate, Letter of recommendation, Flexible work hours.
Click here for the official website.