Internship Opportunity @ Department of Posts, Govt. of India [1 Month, Stipend Rs. 10K]: Apply by May 15
The Department of Posts, with its network of 1,54,939 Post Offices, is the largest postal network in the world. In order to explore the potential & ideas available with the young generation in the field of Technology, Marketing, Social Media, Banking, Insurance, Public Administration and Management spheres etc, Department intends to provide internship
programme and fellowships.
This programme seeks to engage students pursuing Under Graduate/Graduate/Post Graduate Degrees from recognized University/Institution within India as “Interns”. These interns shall be given exposure through various Circles/Divisions of Postal directorate.
Domains available for internship
- Fund Management/Finance
- Retail Management
- eCommerce/Courier, Express and Parcel (CEP)
- Parcel/Logistics & supply Chain
- Asset management
- Marketing/ Publicity and Branding
- Banking & Financial Inclusion
- HR Management
- Network & Technology and Software Security
- Legal and Legislative mechanism
Indian students from recognized universities in India or abroad who have secured at least 60% marks in the last held degree or certificate examination
Who have completed education under 10+2+3 pattern of education i.e. students who have completed 15 years of formal education.
Who are pursuing 3rd year in the Business studies and Engineering in 10+2+3 pattern of education.
Who are pursuing 4th or 5th year in the integrated degree course or dual degree of 10+2+5 pattern of education
Who have completed 2nd year of Software Engineering in any IIT/NIT or 1st/ 2nd Year of Business Studies in any IIM/ recognized Management Institute.
The duration of internship shall be of one (1) month and will tentatively start on June 1, 2018. Interns not completing the requisite period will not be issued any certificate.
Interns may be paid token remuneration @ Rs.10,000/- per month per intern.
How to apply
- Interested and eligible students must send their applications (given in the notification below) by post or submit in person, along with their CVs and areas of work interest to the Chief General Manager, BD & M Directorate, Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg, New Delhi-110001 in the prescribed application form. These applications need to be sponsored by the Institution in which the intern is enrolled in.
- Alternatively, scanned copies of the documents may be
sent to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At the time of joining on selection, applicants shall be required to produce a letter from their Supervisor/ Head of Department/Principal, indicating their status in the Institution and “No Objection” for allowing their student to undergo Internship programme for the period for which he/she has been selected.
- Students who have completed their education, need not to apply for the internship programme.
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
For full details about the internship and official notification, click here.
About the Author
Loved my student life, love talking to students now. I am a wearer of multiple hats (wife, mom, cook, chauffeur). My job is my hobby! :)