About the Organisation
Centre for Research & Education for Social Transformation (CREST) is an autonomous institution under Government of Kerala , India involved with research and educational programmes that are relevant for the marginalized communities of India.
Internship at CREST provides a unique opportunity to outstanding young scholars interested developing communities of India, particularly Kerala. International /local travel expenses should be met by thecandidate. The Intern will be based in Calicut, Kerala. Free accommodation will be provided to the intern.
A pocket money of INR 12000 (Approximately 165 USD) towards their expenses for food which is available at a very subsidized rate at the student hostel.
The interns are expected to
- Assist in conducting the Post Graduate Certificate Course for Professional Development
- Mentoring of students
- Assist students in group projects
- Provide small group tutorials
- Assist CREST faculty team in its outreach programs
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Graduate Degree holder / Masters student in social science/humanities from reputed institutions outside India
- Excellent oral and writing communication skills in English
- Willingness to work as part of a closely integrated team on flexible timings
- Involve with the studies on a broad range of issues relevant for the Dalit and Adivasi communities of India
- Understanding on the issues concerning the socially excluded /underprivileged communities in India
Kozhikode, Kerala , India
Number of Interns
INR 12000 (Approximately 165 USD)
How to Apply
Please send by e-mail to email@example.com along with the following application materials and include Internship Vacancies in the subject line
- A cover letter
- One references (to be sent directly to Professor. D.D.Nampoothiri , Executive Director, CREST firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 15 December 2019.
The internship can be taken from March 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information on the internship please contact Vinod Krishnan, Associate Programme Coordinator, CREST at email@example.com.
Centre for Research and Education for Social Transformation (CREST)
An autonomous institution under Government of Kerala
KIRTADS Campus, Chevayur, Calicut – 673 017 Kerala India
Tel: +91 495 2355342, 2351496; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for the notification and here for the official website.