The Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB), Kerala invites applications for a One Year Internship Program in Computational Biology & Bioinformatics.
This one-year internship program is a platform for highly motivated students to explore bioinformatics through practical experience. It provides a solid base for the use of bioinformatics by providing theory and hands-on training in methods and resources appropriate to all major fields of biological research.
Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology is a research institute in India, exclusive devoted to research in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology. It is located at Thiruvananthapuram, the capital city of the state of Kerala in India.
The internship provides the best strategies for undertaking bioinformatics analysis, computer programming, statistical analysis, data management, and reproducibility. All participants will have close and correct mentoring by RGCB faculty. Specially invited lectures will be arranged by distinguished scientists and academicians.
The curriculum is divided into 11 core bioinformatics modules (Theory + Practical exercises) plus a 3-month final dissertation. The syllabus includes:
- Module 1: Bioinformatics
- Module 2: Biological data resources, access & management
- Module 3: Biological sequence analysis
- Module 4: Molecular phylogeny & Evolution-P
- Module 5: Genomics: Next-generation sequence analysis
- Module 6: Advanced programming in Perl and Python
- Module 7: Transcriptomics and Proteomics
- Module 8: Fundamentals of systems biology (Networks & Pathways)
- Module 9: R package – Introduction to R package
- Module 10: Bioconductor in R; Bioconductor packages for NGS
- Module 11: Genome analysis – Completed genomes.
Who can Apply?
- This internship course is aimed at people with a background in biological sciences who have little or no experience in bioinformatics.
- Applicants are expected to be at an early stage of their careers with an interest to develop their bioinformatics skills
- Essential qualifications include a first-class bachelor’s degree in medical/ engineering sciences or a master’s degree in any branch of life science.
- Previous knowledge of computer programming is not required for this program.
The total fee amount of 60,000 INR. No certificate will be issued without fulfillment of the curriculum & payment of the total fee. Program fees include admission, study materials, access to internal computational facilities, and consumables used in the computational biology laboratory. It does not cover your travel and local accommodation.
The RGCB Academic Committee will screen all applications and potential candidates will be invited for personal interview (or online interview). In case more than 15 candidates are being shortlisted after the screening of applications, an online test will be conducted before the selection interview.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is September 15, 2020.
Prof. Jagadeesh Chandran, Office of Academic Affairs
Phone Number: +91 471-2781247
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.