CERN offers a limited number of internships to undergraduate students for practical training assignments. The students mostly have technical or administrative backgrounds and their university requires or encourages them to spend a training period in industry or in a research establishment. The traineeship must form part of candidates’ studies.
In order to be eligible for a contract of association as a trainee, the student must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be enrolled in a full-time higher education course (Students who have already commenced doctoral studies are not eligible)
- Be specialised in one of the following field: applied physics, computing, mathematics, electrical, electronic, mechanical or civil engineering, instrumentation for accelerators and particle physics experiments, materials science, radiation protection, safety and environmental protection, surveying, ultra-high vacuum, scientific communication. A very limited number of places may be available in administrative fields: translation, advanced secretarial work, accounting, legal services, human resources, librarianship, logistics
- Have a good knowledge of English and/or French.
- Return to his/her educational establishment after completion of his/her stay at CERN
- Have adequate financial resources to support him- or herself in the local area.
- The appointment will be for a minimum duration of one month and a maximum duration of six months in any twelve-month period
- During the requested training period the student must remain enrolled in an educational establishment (the following document will need to be signed and stamped by your educational establishment as a proof of enrolment).
- Students must have a medical insurance covering occupational illness and accidents that is adequate in Switzerland and France
How to Apply:
Click here to apply.
Application Deadline: December 31, 2018.
For further details on the same, click here.