International Youth Math Challenge 2019 [Prizes Worth Rs. 48K]: Submit by Sep 29
The Qualification Round 2019 of the International Youth Math Challenge has opened for submissions. Use your math skills and your creativity to qualify for the global final round to win great prizes and certificates!
IYMC is one of the biggest online math competition for students from all around the world. You can win awards and cash prizes worth over 700 USD, qualify for the final round, become an official IYMC ambassador in your country, or join an international network for outstanding students – take this unique opportunity and participate today.
Process and Rounds
The IYMC 2019 takes place in three rounds:
- Qualification Round: The qualification round consists of five math problems. In order to qualify for the pre-final round, you need to solve at least three (under 18) to four (over 18) of the problems correctly. You can submit your solutions online until 29. September 2019. All participants receive certificates.
- Pre-Final Round: Successful participants can register for the pre-final round in October. You have one week to solve 10 problems of three types: 4x basic problems, 4x, advanced problems, 2x special-creativity problems.
- Final Round: Successful finalists can participate in the final round: You will take an exam of 60 minutes supervised by a supervisor. The winners receive certificates and cash prizes worth over 700 USD.
Benefits and Prizes
Successful participants receive many certificates, cash prizes, and honours:
- All Participants: Official Participation Certificate
- All Finalists: Bronze Honour, Silver Honour or Gold Honour
- 1. Prize: 200 USD Cash Prize, Special 1. Prize Certificate
- 2. Prize: 150 USD Cash Prize, Special 2. Prize Certificate
- 3. Prize: 100 USD Cash Prize, Special 3. Prize Certificate
- Special Region Awards:
- Best Participant from Europa
- Best Participant from Greater Middle East
- Best Participant from Africa
- Best Participant from South Asia
- Best Participant from (South)East Asia
- Best Participant from America
We understand the crucial role of teachers and schools for mathematical education. Because of that, we award three school awards to honour the efforts of the teachers and the school:
- IYMC School Award for Most Participants: For the school with the most overall participants of the qualification round to honour the efforts of the teachers for encouraging students to participate in mathematical competitions.
- IYMC School Award for Most Finalists: For the school with the most students participating in the pre-final and final round
- IYMC School Award for Excellence: For the school with many outstanding students that have achieved high results throughout the overall competition to honour the quality education.
Besides that, the IYMC offers the following benefits:
- Join a Global Network: A successful participation allows you to join the IYMC network: You will get the rare chance to connect and exchange with outstanding, similar-minded, and inspiring students worldwide.
- Become IYMC Ambassador: Winners, students, and teachers are encouraged to become official Ambassadors with the aim to inspire students and to encourage them to engage in math.
Open to all High School and University Students.
29 September 2019
How to participate
The problems are given here.
- Clearly mark your final solutions (e.g. underlining, red color, box).
- The solution file may be typed digitally or it may be a clear picture of your handwritten notes. Digitally typed solutions receive a special honorary note on the certificates!
- You can upload one single file! If you have multiple pictures, please compress them into one single file.
- You can upload PDF and image (jpg, jpeg, png) files. IYMC does not accept any other formats (e.g. ZIP or Word files)!
- The file size has to be below 10 MB otherwise it will be rejected.
- Important: Make sure that you write your name and birth correctly. It will be used for all certificates!
Click here for the submission link.
If you have questions, comments, issues or feedback regarding IYMC feel free to send an email to
Click here for the official website.
About the Author
Loved my student life, love talking to students now. I am a wearer of multiple hats (wife, mom, cook, chauffeur). My job is my hobby! :)