About International Travel Support Scheme:
International Travel Support (ITS) Scheme provides financial assistance to Indian researchers for presenting a research paper in an international scientific event (conference, seminar, workshop etc.) held abroad.
In addition, support is also provided to young scientists (age limit below 35 years as on the date of start of the event) for attending training programmes, Short-term schools, and Workshops.
- Applicant should be an active Indian researcher engaged in R&D work in recognized academic institutions or research laboratories in India.
- The applicant should have an invitation for presenting an original scientific paper. A similar invitation is required in the case of young scientists attending training programmes such as short term courses, summer/winter schools, workshop etc.
- The applicant should not have availed financial assistance under this Scheme during the last three years.
- The scientific event should be of an international character. Invitation of personal nature such as for carrying out post-doctoral work, informal training programmes/courses, internship, observer-ship etc. will not be eligible for support.
- Applicant must have obtained a Master’s degree in Science or Bachelor’s degree in professional courses from a recognized University by the time of submission of application.
Nature of Support:
- This scheme provides to & fro economic class airfare by the shortest route, airport tax and visa fees for attending the specific event.
- Registration fee is also provided to young scientists (Age<35 on the date of start of the event) in addition to the above support.
- The support is provided on a reimbursement basis as per actual expenditure incurred by the applicant within the guidelines of the scheme. However, Taxi fare will not be reimbursed.
How to apply?
- Applicant(s) should first register online, click here to register.
- After log-in, kindly go to Menu –> Proposal Submission –> Form Submission –> Select scheme and start filling the form online.
- The researchers are required to apply online through the portal between 60-90 days in advance prior to the start date of the event. The system will not accept early or late submission of applications.
- Application submitted through any other mode will not be considered.
- Dr. T Thangaradjou, Scientist ‘E’.
Phone: 40000355 / 011-40000305 / 40000321.