The XLII annual meeting of the Optical Society of India will be held at Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur during 20th – 22nd September 2018. IIT Kanpur is hosting the annual meeting of the OSI for the first time. An International Symposium on Optics (OSI-ISO 2018) will be conducted to foster interactions among the broad disciplines in Optics.
The symposium will cover discussions on:
- Optics design, technology and devices
- Diffractive & adaptive Optics
- Integrated optics including optoelectronics and fibers
- Photonic crystals, Metamaterials and Plasmonics
- Optical information processing
- Quantum optics and information
- Lasers and Devices
- Nonlinear Optics and Spectroscopy
- Photophysics and Photochemistry
Tutorials with an intent to introduce the subjects to students will be conducted by experts on a variety of topics including:
- Metamaterials and Terahertz technologies
- Quantum and classical Angular momentum of Light
- Quantum opto-mechanics
- Micro- and nano-fabrication methods
- Optical imaging techniques
- Bio/chemical sensors
- Invited lectures along with oral and poster presentations of accepted papers will be held in the symposium. Papers should be submitted in the format / templates available in the website of the meeting.
- For the template, click here.
- For online submission of the paper, click here.
The registration fees are given below:
- Indian Delegates (Regular): Rs. 7000
- Indian Delegates (Students): Rs. 3000
- Foreign Delegates (Regular): USD 350
- Indian Delegates (Students): USD 100
For registration details, visit here.
- Last Date for Paper Submission: Aug 1
- Acceptance of paper: Aug 20
- Last Date for Registration: Sep 10
For any queries, contact
- Dr. S. Anantha Ramakrishna
Professor, Department of Physics,
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
Tel.: +91 512 679 7449, +91 512 679 6601 (messages)