About the fest
The International Student Festival in Trondheim (ISFiT), is the world’s largest international student festival. It has been organized every second year since 1990, gathering students from all over the world for ten days of dialogue, cultural events, workshops and more.
ISFiT is a non-profit organization and is brought to life with the efforts of more than 400 student volunteers. The vision of ISFiT is to create a better future for young people in the world.
The next festival takes place in February, 2019, and will invite 500 students from over 100 different countries to discuss the theme of migration.
Types of activities at a glance
This is the list of Workshops, participants may attend:
- Forced migration
- Politics and Power
- Model UN
- The Refugee crisis
- Human Trafficking
- National identity
- Culture and migration
- Big city life
- Ancient migration
- Moving ideologies
- Faith Movements
- Brain drain or brain gain?
- Hidden Figures
- Natural degradation
- Global citizens
- Global food
For more details, click here.
Who is it for/eligibility
Open for students all over the world.
Event Guidelines and Registration details
- Participants are not required to be fluent in English, however all discussion and presentations will be in English, so you should have a high enough level of English that you can join in discussions and understand the presentations.
- Some financial aid may be available for applicants to cover travel costs, and you can apply for this aid in the application. There is no guarantee that we can provide you financial assistance to travel to Trondheim however.
- All applicants will be provided with accommodation for the duration of the ISFiT19. You will be placed with a host family in Trondheim.
- Participants will also be provided with three meals every day for no cost.
- Travel from the airport into Trondheim will be covered by the festival, and all participants will receive a free bus pass to cover all travel within Trondheim.
Note: Essentially, all participant costs will be covered during ISFiT19, except for any additional/alternate food you would like to buy, and non-essential purchases such as souvenirs. Some optional events on the cultural program, such as concerts, also require that you purchase tickets to attend.
Last date to register: 30th September, 2018
Fest Dates: 7th – 17th Feb, 2019
For any query, mail on email@example.com.