About the Contest
Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs announces its tenth annual International Essay Contest themed on democracy, which is open to students of all nationalities anywhere in the world.
Is it important to live in a democracy?
All students, from high school students through graduate students, are eligible.
The essays are judged in three categories:
- Graduate students
- Undergraduate students
- High school students
The prizes for each category are:
- First Prize: $300 Amazon Gift Certificate
- Second Prize: $150 Amazon Gift Certificate
- Third Prize: $75 Amazon Gift Certificate
How to Submit
- Join the free Global Ethics Network website.
- Post your essay in the blog section and tag it with #essaycontest2018.
- Please include your following details:
- Full Name
- Name of your school
- Student category (High School, Undergraduate or Graduate)
- Style: Op-ed style (not academic, footnoted papers)
- Length: 1,000 to 1,500 words
- Language: English language entries only
- Limit: One entry per person
The last date to submit entries is 31 December 2018.
For further information about the contest, visit the official website.