Located in the heart of Berlin, the WZB Berlin Social Science Center is one of Europe’s largest non-university research institutes. The WZB conducts basic social science research with a focus on the problems of modern societies in a globalized world.
Around 150 German and international researchers work at the WZB, including sociologists, political scientists, economists, legal scholars and historians. The WZB offers a modern working environment, where both equal opportunities and the compatibility of work and family are highly valued.
About the fellowship:
It enables an outstanding early-career social scientist residing and working in a low- or middle-income country to conduct research at WZB for up to six months.
Through their Global Fellowship Programme, the WZB and the ISSC aim to contribute towards building a new generation of outstanding social scientists in low- or middle-income countries, who are willing and able to contribute to solving current global problems.
The fellow will receive:
- A grant for up to six months at a level commensurate with a German postdoctoral researcher,
- A contribution to local accommodation (up to EUR 500 per month),
- Economy round trip ticket to and from Berlin,
- Workspace (equipped with PC, Internet and email access, telephone), as well as full library privileges and additional technical services.
- The WZB-ISSC Global Fellowship Programme enables an outstanding early career social scientist (postdoctoral researcher with no more than 5 years’ work experience after their PhD, or scientists without a PhD but with an equivalent level of research experience and output) residing and working in a low- or middle-income country to conduct research for up to six months starting between 1 October 2018 and 1 March 2019 at the WZB.
- The research project of the fellow should focus on problems of modern societies in a globalized world with particular relevance to low- or middle-income country contexts.
Applications should be submitted electronically, preferably in one PDF document alongwith the requisite documents given here, to: email@example.com.
Deadline: April 30
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download the brochure.
For further information from original website, click here.