To encourage the creativity of the students and researchers by presenting their scientific findings through a scientific and artistic image, Indian National Young Academy of Science (INYAS), Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad, and CARBON Lab, with the support of the National Young Academy of Bangladesh (NYAB), and Thai Young Scientists Academy (TYSA) are organizing an International Sci-Art Image Competition.
It is an excellent opportunity to get recognition for your scientific and artistic merit and to win exciting cash prizes. Let’s be creative and participate with full enthusiasm.
The categories for the awards:
- Experimental Images
- Modeling & Simulation Images
- First Place: 5000/- INR
- Second Place: 4000/- INR
- Third Place: 3000/- INR
- Consultation Prizes: 2000/- INR
- People’s Choice Award: 5000/- INR
- This competition is open to all young researchers (Undergraduate and Master’s and Ph.D. scholars) from any of these participating countries: India, Bangladesh, and Thailand.
- The experimental and simulated images must be from participant’s research carried out in their own countries.
- Any kind of black and white or colored microscopy/ instrumental images, computational simulations, or combination of both, etc. may be submitted for this competition.
- All the images should have a caption of a maximum of 10 words; and, a short write-up of a maximum of 50 words to explain the research findings in a layman’s language based on that image.
- All the entries for this image competition will be showcased in an exhibition open to all on social media and may be shared with media as a part of the press coverage of the exhibition-cum-competition.
- Acceptable file types of the images with a minimum of 150 DPI (Max. file size of 5 MB per image; Total 10 MB per entry for two images): JPEG/ PNG/ TIFF/ PDF format.
- Images already awarded in similar competitions at any level will not be considered. A self-declaration in this regard is needed at the time of submission.
- Digital photographs do not qualify as a valid entry in the competition and entries must not advertise or promote any commercial product.
- Results will be announced on INYAS, NYAB, and TYSA’s Official Webpage and social networks. The winners will also be informed individually.
Call for Submissions
Only one submission per individual (maximum two images) is allowed and multiple submissions may lead to disqualification.
To submit your entries online, click here. The last date to submit your entries is February 5, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.