About the Competition
Kathmandu School of Law Review (KSLR), Amnesty International Fusion Youth Network (AIFYN), and the Cognition Club are collaboratively organizing the “International Research Paper Writing Competition, 2020” with the core theme “International Order Post COVID-19”.
The main purpose behind organizing this competition is to harness creativity in participants and bring out situational analysis based research work in the areas of international politics, international law, economics, human rights, and other streams of social science. This competition will engage students to further develop their research skills and foster their ability to think from a global paradigm.
The competition theme not only engages the participants to bring out their propositions through research but also considers the curiosity of readers and addresses it. We have carefully proposed certain topics relevant to the theme that the participants could take into consideration in order to better analyze and express their thoughts in free space.
- The competition shall be open to undergraduate and graduate students currently enrolled in any university across the world.
- Co-authorship to a maximum of two authors is permitted.
- Only one submission shall be allowed per author(s).
Themes and Topics
The theme for the competition shall be “International Order Post COVID19”. The topics must be chosen from/inspired by any aspect based on the theme. However, some of the suggested topics are:
- Impact of COVID-19 on International Organizations with Reference to the UN
- Asia’s Role in Global Governance: The Rise of a New International Economic Order
- Misinformation and its Impact in Light of the Pandemic: Possible Steps by South Asia in Combating Fake News
- Human Rights in Light of Technology : Exploring the Interface and Assessing the Intersectionality
- COVID – 19 and its Impact on Regional Institutions in the Asia-Pacific
- Need for a ‘Trans-civilizational’ Dialogue in International Law: A response to ‘Civilizational’ Approach to International Law of the West
- Gunboat to ‘Shared future’ argument: Exploring shades of Diplomacy in International Relations
- Asia and Emergency: Pandemic, Public Health Emergency and Disaster Risk Reduction mechanisms
- Cosmopolitanism under Scrutiny: A take on the Post COVID-19 World
- Impact of Global Lockdown on Climate Change and the Green Way Forward (post lockdown)
- Changes in Geo-Politics vis-a-vis US
- Emergence of Socialism Oriented International Economic Order
- Rights of Migrant Workers and State Responsibility
- Global Food Security and Poverty Induced by the Pandemic
- Globalization and Global Interconnectedness Post COVID-19
- The Revival of a New Era of Asian Century in Global Governance
- Compulsory Licensing in the Intellectual Property Regime Concerning Potential COVID-19 Vaccines
- The Surge of Domestic Violence during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Ensuring the Rights of Health Workers during and after the Pandemic
- The Economic Consequences on the Aviation Industry and its Way Out
- The Effect of COVID-19 in the International Education Industry
- The Effect of COVID-19 on the Rights of Children
- The paper with the highest score will be declared “Best Paper” by our independent judges and the author(s) will be awarded a certificate and a cash prize of US $150/- (Inclusive of bank transfer charges wherever applicable).
- The paper with the second-highest score will be declared as “Second Best Paper” by our independent judges and the author(s) will be awarded a certificate and a cash prize of US $100/- (Inclusive of bank transfer charges wherever applicable).
- The paper with the third highest score will be awarded as “Third Best Paper” by our independent judges and the author(s) will be awarded a certificate and a cash prize of US $50/- (Inclusive of bank transfer charges wherever applicable).
- Five papers will be awarded the title of the “Honorary Mention” and the author(s) will be awarded certificates.
Registration for the competition shall be free of cost. Submission of the papers shall automatically register the participant(s) for the competition.
How to Submit?
The soft copy of the paper must be submitted to the organizers in Word (.doc/.docx) via this link latest by 5th August 2020 11:59 PM NPT (GMT +5:45).
- Release of Competition Brochure: 7th June 2020
- Last Date of Submission: 5th August 2020 11:59 pm NPT (GMT +5:45)
- Declaration of Results: 1st week of September 2020
For further details, click the link below.