The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) is pleased to announce the launch of a youth video contest focused on the theme ‘Renewable Energy in the Time of COVID-19: Youth Actions for Recovery’.
The video contest gives young people a voice in the energy transition and the opportunity to take part in IRENA’s 2021 Youth Forum.
- The winner or winners of the youth video contest will get a chance to engage with and contribute to the IRENA Youth Forum that will be held on January 2021 at IRENA Headquarters
- Their videos will be also circulated on IRENA’s social media channels and featured in a newsroom article on the IRENA website.
- Open to contestants up to 30 years old from all over the world. Minors must have the permission of their parents or legal guardians to participate in the contest.
- Video entry must clearly and creatively address the above-mentioned theme in 60 seconds or less.
- The video should be submitted by uploading it either on the participant’s Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram account by using the hashtag #IRENAYouthContest and tagging IRENA.
- Submissions are limited to one video per individual.
- The video should be in English, or if created in another language must include English subtitles.
- Being fully cognizant of cultural aspects around the world, it is not mandatory that the youth shows the face in the video.
A selection committee made up of four representatives from youth constituencies of the United Nations Major Group for Children and Youth and three representatives from IRENA will evaluate the submissions based on the following criteria:
- Relevance and adherence to the theme: the video clearly and creatively represents the theme of “Renewable Energy in the Time of COVID-19” through positive youth perspectives.
- Originality and creativity: The content is unique and not derivative of other ideas and presents the theme in an original and compelling way.
- Potential viewer impact: The video conveys personal or aspirational thoughts that are inspiring to viewers, especially young people, and that can apply in practice by other youth.
How to Submit?
You can enter the contest by uploading a video on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram, using the hashtag #IRENAYouthContest and tagging IRENA, and creatively addressing your ideas on ‘Renewable Energy in the Time of COVID-19: Youth Actions for Recovery’ in 60 seconds or less.
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Online Debate Contest for College Students by Alliance for Cause [July 5, Cash Prizes Available]: Register by July 1.