Applications are invited from Master’s and Doctoral Students for the International Olympiad by the Association of Global Universities.
About the International Olympiad
The Olympiad is organized by The Association of Global Universities, in collaboration with the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation and the Federal Agency for the Commonwealth of Independent States Affairs, Compatriots Living Abroad, and International Humanitarian Cooperation (Rossotrudichestvo).
The competition is aimed at talented foreign students who would like to enroll in master’s and postgraduate programs in Russia for free.
The winners of the Open Doors are granted a free early admission at any Russian university, without entrance examinations and with tuition fees covered by the Russian Federation.
The competition winners will be able to enroll in a program using a single-window system, choosing any of 500 Russian universities, including 21 leading universities-participants of the 5-100 Project. The language of instruction is English or Russian depending on the chosen program and the university.
The Olympiad is held in two directions – for future undergraduates and graduate students (doctoral students). Depending on the chosen direction, the winners of the Olympiad will be able to study for free in the masters or graduate school of the chosen university.
There are two rounds for the master course and three rounds for the doctoral course. The first round is a portfolio competition and the second round is a problem-solving challenge.
The third round of the doctoral program involves the selection of a potential research supervisor for the selected doctoral program and an interview with him/her.
The first two rounds of the Olympiad are held simultaneously in both directions of the Olympiad.
Subjects of the OpenDoors
More information and a handful of useful downloads are available through the links below. The materials include demos of tasks and programs of the second round of the competition, the list of program tracks for subsequent master’s degree, the doctoral track’s materials:
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the olympiad through this link.
- September 15th, 2021: Registration
- September 15th – December 10th, 2021: Portfolio filling
- December 10th, 2021: Deadline for portfolio submission
- December 13th – 23th, 2021: The first round. Grading of the portfolios
- December 24th, 2021: Announcement of the first-round results
- January 10th – 28th, 2022: The second round
- January 11th – February 3th, 2022: Grading of the second round of the competition
- February 10th, 2022: Announcement of the second-round results
- February 11th – 18th, 2022: Appeal process
- February 22th, 2022: Announcement of the Open Doors winners and prize-winners in the Master’s track
- February 28th – March 18th, 2022: The third round (for participants of the doctoral track (analogous to PhD))
- March 23rd, 2022: Announcement of the Open Doors winners and prize-winners in the doctoral track (analogous to PhD)