The International Finsa Award for Architects & Designers 2019 aims to encourage and challenge students to explore and redesign the use of wood and other ecological and recyclable materials in construction.
We believe that the future in construction should continue developing this way and know it is possible to achieve. The award considers the work of both teachers and students or short term graduates, all of whom will be acknowledged and awarded.
Woodside Pavilion is a temporary structure designed to house practical art activities for the local community. Conceived as an informal, pop-up space, the purpose of the pavilion is to engage and offer dialogue and collaboration between groups of people who do not normally have the opportunity to meet with or collaborate with practical artists.
The International Finsa Award prize for the 2019 edition goes further. We want to add value to the competition by building the winner(s) project. Plus, the supervision and management of the construction by the designers.
This will kickstart their careers considering that the competition is only for students or recent graduates (check the Competition Guidelines for more information about elegibility).
Students or graduates being no more than 5 years post graduate of Architecture and/or Design, as part of a team of 2 members or alone.
The panel will judge the competition in terms of the following criteria:
- Considering the design might be built, full details of every mesh have to be provided.
- Health and Safety have to be taken into consideration to comply with UK standards.
- The designed pavilion must be properly anchored to the ground.
- The design must be efficient, using sustainable and/or recyclable materials.
- All designs remain the intellectual property of the architect however the winning design itself will remain the property of International Finsa Award (FINSA UK LTD).
- Portfolios will be judged on originality, demonstration of creativity and relevance to the project.
- The total cost of CNC + construction cannot exceed £15,000.
- There is no limit while using FINSA materials.
- £250/h CNC cost considered.
- £10/h per person, construction cost considered.
- Please bear in mind the weather conditions of the North West of England in July/August while designing your project.
To register for the form fill out the form on the link given here.
E-mail : email@example.com