The 15th International Conference on Modern Trends in Activation Analysis (MTAA-15) is being organized by Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Mumbai, in association with International Committee on Activation Analysis (ICAA) & Indian Association of Nuclear Chemists & Allied Scientists (IANCAS) during November 17-22, 2019 at the DAE Convention Centre, Anushaktinagar, Mumbai.
The conference will be co-sponsored by the Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences (BRNS), Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India.
About the conference:
The conference will cover the recent developments and applications in activation analysis technique using neutrons (conventional and k0-based NAA and PGNAA and FNAA), charge particles (CPAA) and Thin Layer Activation Analysis (TLA). photons (PAA).
The focus will be given on topics like modernization and improvement of activation analysis techniques, gamma-ray spectrometry, detectors and instrumentation, facilities like research reactors and accelerators and QA/QC in measurements.
- Neutron Activation Analysis (NAA).
- Prompt Gamma-ray NAA (PGNAA).
- Charge Particle Activation Analysis (CPAA).
- Photon Activation Analysis (PAA).
- Fast Neutron Activation Analysis (FNAA).
- k0-based conventional & internal monostandard NAA & PGNAA.
- Preconcentration, Radiochemical, Chemical & Speciation NAA.
- Research Reactors, Accelerators & Facilities for Activation Analysis.
- Radiation Detectors & Gamma-ray Spectrometry.
- Applications of Activation Analysis to Various Fields.
- Chemistry and Applications of Activation Products (radioisotopes).
- Applications to Reference Materials & QA/QC in Measurements.
- Radioanalytical Techniques ( XRF, PIXE, PIGE, SSNTD, TLA etc.).
Technical programs in the conference will also provide a platform for the young generation researchers as well as Ph.D. students to interact with scientists from abroad and India engaged in research in the areas of activation analysis.
- Abstracts of one page (about 250 words) including text, table, Figure, and references are invited on the above topics.
- The abstract in MS Word file should be submitted to conference email (mtaa15barc[at]gmail.com) by June 15, 2019.
- Regular Participant: Rs. 34683 (USD 500).
- Retired Scientist & Academician/Ph.D. Student/Research Fellow: Rs. 17341 (USD 250).
- Accompanying Person: Rs. 17341 (USD 250).
- Public/Private Sector (Industry) Participant: Rs. 34683 (USD 500).
- Late Fee Charge: Additional USD 50.
- Abstract Submission: June 15, 2019
- Submission of Passport and other details for visa purposes: June 15, 2019.
- Intimation of Abstract Acceptance/Invitation Letter (for visa): July 1, 2019.
- Request for Accommodation & Travel Assistance: September 30, 2019.
- Payment of Registration Fee (Early Bird): August 30, 2019.
- Late Registration Fee: November 17, 2019.
- Journal (JRNC) Full Paper Submission: October 31, 2019.