NIUA (National Institute of Urban Affairs), New Delhi invites applications for Intern/ Junior Associate for the year 2020. The last date for application submission is 31 Dec 2020.
- Project Name: Implementation of Online Building Permission System (OBPS)
- Location: New Delhi – NIUA Office
- Duration: 3 months
- Type of Contract: Individual full-time
About the Project
Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has launched AMRUT Mission during 2015 which focuses on various reforms and capacity building of the ULBs. The reforms aim at improvement in service delivery, mobilization of resources and making municipal functioning more transparent and functionaries more accountable.
Under the AMRUT Mission, one of the reforms is to undertake the revision of State Building Bye-Laws along with the introduction of Single Window System for plan approvals. Implementation of OBPS in the North Eastern States and UT’s would enhance the ease of doing business (EoDB) with approval of the building plans, of different categories of land use, through automated scrutiny and computerized system.
This system includes permission systems for new constructions, completion of the building, occupancy certification etc. This would promote easy, hassle-free clearances by the external and internal agencies in a seamless and integrated manner, without any physical interface and lead to transparent, speedy, hassle-free and user-friendly scrutiny of building plans.
Roles & Responsibilities
The intern will get the opportunity to be part of the PMU team of OBPS at NIUA to operationalise the visionary Online Building Permission System in the North-east state of India. The intern will be deputed under the supervision of Program Manager with the following tasks:
- Research and benchmark strategies & practices in digital transformation in urban governance
- Develop the communication strategy of OBPS
- Supporting the creative designing partners with content, design, website etc.
- Engage in brainstorming ideas for the data analysis, dashboards
- Regular communication with partners and provide support
- Organizing, attending and making presentations at meetings, consultations, webinars and events.
The intern will also provide necessary support to Head, OBPS for analytics, documentation, independent assessment, visualization or any other related activities including reports, posters, dossiers etc.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in computer science, communications, management, development studies, urban planning, architecture, or other closely related fields (currently pursuing or recently completed)
- Should be a fresher with 0-2 years of work experience/ mandated by an educational institution to carry out an internship as part of the curriculum
- Preferably, provide a dossier of relevant work experience by way of URLs, etc.
Skills and Competencies
- Advanced skills in the MS office suite and communication-related software required
- Strong analytical, conceptualization and communication skills, good understanding of market research techniques and data analytics
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners and authorities at different levels with an enthusiasm for digital marketing, technology and social impact
- Expertise in branding strategy, developing AVs, multi-media ppt would be preferred. Knowledge of web design, publishing, basic graphics software would be an advantage
- Should be willing to work at the Institute on a full-time basis.
Submit CV and cover letter through NIUA portal. Please clearly mention the project’s name in the subject line.
Last Date to Apply
Thursday, 31 December 2020