The 10th Interface Region Imaging Spectrograph (IRIS) meeting/workshop will be held from 4-8 November 2019 in Bengaluru, jointly hosted by Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIAP) and Christ (Deemed to be University).
About the Workshop:
The IRIS workshops promote the scientific achievements related to the Interface Region Imaging Spectrograph (IRIS).
The main goal for this meeting is to enhance the collaborative efforts that use IRIS together with ground-based observatories, in the visible, infrared and radio. Special emphasis will be placed on collaboration with the upcoming facilities of DKIST, ADITYA L1, Solar Orbiter and other projects.
Another topic of discussion will be how ground-based observations could fill gaps in the scientific topics covered by IRIS, and how ground-based observations could best profit from the addition of IRIS data to enhance the scientific return.
Limited travel support and free local accommodation are available for Ph.D. students and early-career scientists.
The workshop will have the following scientific sessions:
- Fundamental plasma processes.
- Chromospheric dynamics.
- Thermal and magnetic coupling through the atmosphere.
- Solar flares and coronal mass ejections.
- Science with future facilities.
There is no restriction on the number of abstracts presented by an author. Abstracts can be accepted either as a poster or as oral communication. Please indicate the position of the presenting author in the author list (default is 1).
Steps for Abstract Submission
Step1: For submitting Abstract one need to create a user account. Please enter some basic information to create an account. After submitting this form an activation link will be sent to the email address. Click on the link to activate the account.
Step 2: Once you are logged in click on Abstract Submission Form from Right side menu to submit abstracts.
Click here to create your account.
- Participants: 300 US Dollars/ 10,000 INR (India and Developing Nations).
- Students: 150 US Dollars/ 5000 INR (India and Developing Nations).
- Accompanying Guest: Extra 150 US Dollars/ 5000 INR (India & Developing Nations).
Beyond early registration
- Participants: 350 US Dollars/ 13000 INR (India and Developing Nations).
- Student participants: 175 US Dollars/ 6250 INR (India and Developing Nations).
- Participants: 400 US Dollars/ 15,000 INR (India and Developing Nations).
- Student Participants: 200 US Dollars/ 7500 INR (India and Developing Nations).
- Abstract Submission deadline: 31st July 2019.
- Grant application deadline: 31st July 2019.
- Communications of oral and poster selection: 21st August 2019.
- Early registration deadline: 30th September 2019.
- Late Poster Submission deadline: 10th October 2019.
- Meeting dates: 4 – 8 November 2019.
Ph: +91 9448908461
Email: dipu[at]iiap.res.in, iris10 [at]iiap.res.in