The Department of Science & Technology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India invites proposals from eligible candidates Integrated Technology Interventions for Sustainable Environment. Several parts of the country are facing severe environmental challenges. These challenges can be effectively addressed by indigenous research-led technological solutions.
Proposals on environmental technology interventions for sustainable development need to address applied research and innovation, supported by stakeholders and the transfer of technology for the societal benefits. As a society, it is required to identify environmental challenges (eg. energy, water, air, etc) and develop solutions through science and engineering.
- Technological solutions for the sustainable environment are interdisciplinary and multi-dimensional in nature. The integration of such solutions is the need of the hour.
- This call aims to mount/integrate S&T interventions specifically to address prevalent environmental (energy, water & air) challenges for improvement in the environment.
- Keeping the above in mind and with the intention of applying technology to improve the living conditions, the location and demand of intervention should in the first place be clearly identified in the proposal.
- The participation of user agency should be ensured right from the beginning for designing and implementation of such solutions.
- These successful research leads and solutions are expected to generate best practices for wider adoption for mitigating similar challenges across the country.
- The proposals have to be submitted in the consortium mode only.
- The consortium is to be lead by faculties/ scientists working in a regular position in recognized Academic Organization/ Public funded R&D Institution/ Laboratories.
- Central Government/ State Government supported or recognized (Public or Private) academia, National/ State-funded R&D Labs in partnership with S&T based voluntary organization, DSIR recognized SIRO organization, autonomous central and state government agencies, etc may form the consortium.
- The consortium should essentially include at least a user having stake and interest in the intervention, a solution designer, and a solution provider.
- The role of the solution designer and provider can be assumed by the same organization if the organization has the required expertise and experience.
Project cost should commensurate with the activities planned and due justification may be provided. Appropriate cost schedules may be followed for the civil construction of project work, wherever needed.
Call for Proposals
Interested candidates can submit their proposals online by clicking here.
Two (2) hard copies of the uploaded proposal should also be sent to Dr. G.V Raghunath Reddy, Scientist ‘E’, Technology Mission Division (E&W), Department of Science & Technology (DST), Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi- 110016 by Speed Post and reach before the closing date of the call. The envelope should be superscribed with the “Call for proposals for Integrated Technology Interventions for Sustainable Environment”.
The last date to submit your proposals is April 30, 2020.
Phone Number: 26590604/ 011-26526229
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Call for Proposals: Science & Technology of Yoga & Meditation to fight COVID-19 by DST, Govt. of India: Submit by Apr 30.