IISER Bhopal invites applications from young and dedicated candidates for admission into its Integrated Ph.D. program for the academic sessions starting from August 2020.
IISER Bhopal offers an Integrated Ph.D. program in Mathematics and Physics for bright and motivated students who have received their Bachelor’s degree. The program is aimed to provide young motivated individuals with rigorous training, desired level of scientific understanding, and a glimpse of global contemporary research at an early stage to enable them to pursue a career in science education and research.
After successful completion of the coursework based on the advanced professional courses, students may continue with state-of-the-art research which leads to a Ph.D. degree. However, the students, who do not intend to carry out their Ph.D. degree, can exit the program with an MS degree after the successful completion of the course work.
- For I-Ph.D. in Maths: Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA/CPI of 7.0 on a 10 point scale, obtained not earlier than 2019. Candidates appearing in the final year examination of their Bachelor’s Degree in 2020 are also eligible to apply. Additionally, the applicants should qualify for the nationwide aptitude test, Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. (JAM), and the JAM rank MUST be valid at the time of admission.
- For I-Ph.D. in Physics: Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA/CPI of 7.0 on a 10 point scale, obtained not earlier than 2019. Candidates appearing in the final year examination of their Bachelor’s Degree in 2020 are highly encouraged to apply. Additionally, the applicants should qualify the nationwide aptitude test, Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) in Physics.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for a written test. The date of the test will be communicated to shortlisted candidates by e-mail and the same will be available on the Institute website. TA will be paid to SC/ST candidates appearing for the test as per Govt. of India norms.
All admitted students will receive a fellowship of Rs. 10,000/- per month till the end of the third year (subject to fulfilling the minimum CPI requirements). Subsequently, a revised fellowship will be provided as per MHRD norms/ guidelines.
How to Apply?
- To apply for the I-Ph.D. Program in Maths, click here.
- To apply for the I-Ph.D. Program in Physics, click here.
- Applying does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted. The respective departments may use additional criteria (based on academic performance and/or performance in the national level tests) in order to shortlist candidates depending on the number of applications received.
- All communication with candidates will be by e-mail only.
- The last date to apply is April 30, 2020.
Phone Number: +91 755 269 2582
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in M.S. & Ph.D. Admissions in Computer Science & Electrical Engg. at IIT Mandi: Apply by June 1.